cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

collectorlogin password recovery

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

I have been getting e-mails from my CSPC 2.9 system that my collectorlogin password was soon to expire.  Now I try to log in to change it but it won't authenticate me.  How do I recover this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per your update over the Private message, the issue is resolved. You can mark this post as resolved.

Assistance provided:

It seemed like your account got disabled. Since you had the correct password with you, in Console, you need to log in as root and enter the password, and then if it asks you to update the new password, you can enter the new password to the root user. You can then reset the password to other users using the command "passwd collectorlogin" and "passwd admin".

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

are you able to use  admin account or can you able to login using root ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I can log in via the GUI via HTTPS as admin but I cannot log into the CLI via SSH as either root, admin or collectorlogin.

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have sent the response over the Private Message (PM) to you. Kindly share the requested screenshot over Private Message so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per your update over the Private message, the issue is resolved. You can mark this post as resolved.

Assistance provided:

It seemed like your account got disabled. Since you had the correct password with you, in Console, you need to log in as root and enter the password, and then if it asks you to update the new password, you can enter the new password to the root user. You can then reset the password to other users using the command "passwd collectorlogin" and "passwd admin".

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

We will surely assist you. Kindly let us know if you have the credentials for the admin and root user. Based on this, we will assist you accordingly. 

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R