cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contract info visibility question

andypenning
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a difference in the contract information that I will be able to see on the portal between two devices on my network, in the following scenario? If so what visibility do I have in both?

Device1 is registered with my CCO ID.

Device2 was registered with a different CCO ID from another company.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

The portal does its validation using the device information (serial number, product ID) so as long as it is covered under a valid contract the information should display in the portal. The association with a CCO ID will come into play when a user tries to open a TAC case on a device. If their CCO ID is not associated to the device's contract, they will not be able to open the case. It will need to be opened by a user whose CCO ID is associated to that device's contract.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

The portal does its validation using the device information (serial number, product ID) so as long as it is covered under a valid contract the information should display in the portal. The association with a CCO ID will come into play when a user tries to open a TAC case on a device. If their CCO ID is not associated to the device's contract, they will not be able to open the case. It will need to be opened by a user whose CCO ID is associated to that device's contract.

Thanks!

Great, thank you!