Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Customer / Upload Contract

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I must be going blind because in the Portal I simply can't see where you create a new customer.  I thought possibly it would created by importing their contract, but contract import doesn't work either.  

How do you get started with a new customer?

4 Replies 4

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

I am not sure what exact assistance are you looking here but it seems you are looking for self registration SNTC page for new customer.

Here is great how to video to start with:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/services/sntc-portal/video-resources.html?videoId=5412233303001#sntcSelfReg

As well, if customer is already on-boarded, please private message me customer company name, CCOID, contract etc so I can assist you better.

Thanks,

Supriya

Thanks for the response.  To give a bit of background our portal view, as a partner, shows a list of customer which were migrated over from the old Smart Care portal.  What I'm trying to do now is to set up a collector for a new customer who doesn't appear on the list.  There doesn't seem to be a way to manually create one.  From memory customers used to be created as soon as you imported their contracts, sometimes needing a little tweak from Cisco.  However on the new portal the Import function just gives an error (Http/1.1 Service Unavailable).

As an alternative, I see there's a way to use a file created by the collector, and manually upload that into the portal.  However I can't see where in the collector menus that option exists.  The portals is expecting a ZIP file with certain .XML files inside it.  The only export that I can find on the collector saves a .CSV and doesn't include some of the required information.

Hi Tony,

I have sent private message, could you please reply to that.

Thanks,

Supriya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: