cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.8 to 2.9 Restore

fasteddye
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with the 2.8 to 2.9 migration.  I had a new VM spun up with the 2.9 OVA and I followed the 2.9 Migration Guide but cannot seem to get past the Registration on 2.9.  I followed the Backup on CSPC 2.8.x and then the Restore on CSPC 2.9.  After choosing the backup file to restore and clicking OK the message Full restore operation started with jobid:3.  I have tried to watch the service restart with ps -ef | grep cspc_server but a new process ID is not getting created and timestamp is not updating.  I have run through these steps several different times and once I waited over 2 hours to try to give the restore plenty of time to complete.  I have also attempted to restore the CSPC 2.8x server OS settings and it appears to go through ok and system reboots only to find my old passwords still do not work and I am back at the Registration screen when logging in.  I also tried to bypass the Registration by choosing Start using collector in trial mode but that does not complete either.

I am not sure how to tell why the restore never seems to complete.  Would there be any log files that could be reviewed to tell what may be going on?  I am not sure how to proceed at this point after trying the restore 3 or 4 different times all resulting in same outcome. 

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Alberto Ramos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team, good morning, you were able to solve this problem, right now I am in the same situation

kaptanej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi , 

I am incharge of this post and I will be assisting you on the issue. 
Please share the following details in PM ( private message) so that we can proceed further on the issue :

• Company Name 
  • Customer Name 
  • Customer’s Email address 
  • Customer CCO ID 

Thanks & Regards

Kapil Taneja

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: