cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC OVA - enter IP address manually failed

akozlova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did register for the SNTC portal , and that time I got the successful validation and association .

The case now , after hosting the CSPC OVA file on a server . I got the following Failure message after submitting the IP address (attached).

So could you please check that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anna,

If static does not work, then it sounds like your network interface might have been assigned a non-standard label (standard would be eth0).

In that case, I would suggest to select the go to CLI option, figure out what your interface name is and assign the ip address manually on CentOS - https://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-networkscripts-interfaces.html

Regards,

Cesar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like your network might not have DHCP enabled.

Please try assigning a static IP address and see if that is successfully assigned.

Regards,

Cesar

Hi,

Thanks! However static didn't work neither. What might be the issue?

Anna

Hi Anna,

If static does not work, then it sounds like your network interface might have been assigned a non-standard label (standard would be eth0).

In that case, I would suggest to select the go to CLI option, figure out what your interface name is and assign the ip address manually on CentOS - https://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-networkscripts-interfaces.html

Regards,

Cesar

Hi Cesar,

Thank you! It helped!

Now we are stuck with the following issue (attached).

Could you please advice?

Regards,

Anna

Good morning Anna,

It looks like your adminshell did not restart properly.

You can try to issue the following adminshell command and see if the items become available again:

collector restart

No big deal though, you can always set all these values manually from the admin shell.

For timezone:

conf timezone

For NTP:

conf timesync

For DNS:

conf dns *

For hostname:

hostname

For proxy:

conf proxy

Hope this helps.

Regards,