cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customer Trying to Change Collector IP Address.

Lmarquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, 

I have a customer with the following issue below. They are trying to change the Collector appliance's IP Address via the command line. Would someone provide guidance as to what or how to resolve this particular occurrence or how to best troubleshoot?

||| Could you provide some assistance with changing the IP address of the Collector appliance.  I’m logged in as admin, and trying to use this command, “conf ip -v4 eth0 <IP Address> <Subnet> <IP Address>, but it says, eth0 does not exists.  When I try with eth1, I get a different error message. |||

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is the document to change IP address : (Suggest that you are on Esxi console, no SSH to change the IP address)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/Configure-CSPC-Appliance-via-CLI.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hey Balaji,
That's the exact document the customer is using and unfortunately as I stated above, they're getting the eth0 does not exist error message. When they try to do a different eth port, such as eth1, they get a general error message. The issue here isn't that they don't know how to do it - it's that for some reason it isn't taking the command from within that document they are already using.

what is the version CSPC ?

if the CSPC older than 2.7 you can also do this

Example :

conf ip eth0 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

There is unlikely the problem that he is having  ask him to send me the following in private.the following output from the root login shell

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

ls -lart /etc/udev/rules.d

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: