cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Access Verification Results

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

I made some changes to the credentials I'm using to access the devices I'm managing.  To ensure they are working I ran "Verify Device Access".  It seems to have run fine.  But when I want to look at the results, the Verification Time and the Source reference a Device Access Verification job I ran last Friday, not the one I just ran.

I'm running collector version 2.7.4.  I went into the Advanced Options for the DAV job and selected all 5 of my access methods (Telnet, SSH1, SSH2, SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c) to make sure that they were actually being used, but no joy.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,
We were able to verify that the DAV Reports will show updated dates only when all protocols have been selected and verified. This happens automatically when running Collection Jobs and also if you keep all enabled during manual DAV runs.
Thank you,
Jarrett

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you please also include screenshots of the DAV Job Report and windows which are showing the DAV results in this post or a private message?  From there, I will take a look and see what may be happening.

Thank you,

Jarrett

DAV_Start.pngDAV_Schedule.pngDAV_End.pngDAV_Results.pngHere's the screen shots.

Thank you for the details. I will try and re-create the issue and see if this may be a bug.

Hello,
We were able to verify that the DAV Reports will show updated dates only when all protocols have been selected and verified. This happens automatically when running Collection Jobs and also if you keep all enabled during manual DAV runs.
Thank you,
Jarrett

It's not clear to me what you mean by this.  Do you mean that in the second screen shot above all protocols must be moved to the right AND credentials provided for all of them?  We don't even permit all of those to be used to access our devices.

Hello Ron,

All the protocols must be selected (to the right - or default ) however you do not need credentials for all. For any that do not have credentials will be ignored/skipped over during DAV Run.

Thank you,

Jarrett

O.K.  that worked.  But why does it work that way?  What's the point of being able to tell the system not to test certain access protocols if you end up with bad data in the output?

Hello Ron,

Thanks for confirming the solution worked!

This is currently by design for the CSPC at the moment, however I will relay your feedback back to the CSPC development team for consideration.

Thank you,

Jarrett

O.K.  Thanks!