cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generate a CSPC Registration Certificate

bkramer02
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to generate a CSPC Registration cert to be able to register the collector the the SNTC portal.  The documentation says to generate is from the services.cisco.com website under library -> Administration, however this is not an option shown in the portal.  Anyone have any advice on what might be missing?

Thanks,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To view that option you also must be an CustomerAdmin user on the portal.

With the admin user access you should be able to do the following

Connect to https://services.cisco.com

In the left pane, Select Library -----> Administration ----->All Collectors

Once the screen loads, select the Actions drop down and choose to “Generate a new CSP-C entitlement”

Complete the fields as follows:

CSP-C name: The CSPC name should match the Server’s hostname, company, or can be any name used to identify this collector on your network. Do not use any special characters.

Inventory Name: For inventory name, you can use the same name you entered for the CSPC name,  Any alternative way of identifying the inventory is fine. Click the Submit button and wait for the dialogue to popup which will allow you to download the zip file. Save the zip file to a location you will be able to find it. Do NOT unzip it! After you complete the steps above, click the Submit button and wait for the dialogue to popup that will allow you to download the zip file.

Save the zip file to a location where you will be able to find it and import on the collector GUI.

gen_cert.jpg

gen_cert.jpg

form_cerJPG.JPG

Let me know if you follow the above and still cannot find that option

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To view that option you also must be an CustomerAdmin user on the portal.

With the admin user access you should be able to do the following

Connect to https://services.cisco.com

In the left pane, Select Library -----> Administration ----->All Collectors

Once the screen loads, select the Actions drop down and choose to “Generate a new CSP-C entitlement”

Complete the fields as follows:

CSP-C name: The CSPC name should match the Server’s hostname, company, or can be any name used to identify this collector on your network. Do not use any special characters.

Inventory Name: For inventory name, you can use the same name you entered for the CSPC name,  Any alternative way of identifying the inventory is fine. Click the Submit button and wait for the dialogue to popup which will allow you to download the zip file. Save the zip file to a location you will be able to find it. Do NOT unzip it! After you complete the steps above, click the Submit button and wait for the dialogue to popup that will allow you to download the zip file.

Save the zip file to a location where you will be able to find it and import on the collector GUI.

gen_cert.jpg

gen_cert.jpg

form_cerJPG.JPG

Let me know if you follow the above and still cannot find that option

Thanks Adias,  Yes, looks like the customer did not have the "Customer Administrator" role.  They are adding it now and we will continue.

we you able to perform the task. if so please marked this post as resolved so that other can benefit and I can stop monitoring it. Thank you if not please let me know if an problem still exists

Yes this worked, Thanks for your assistance.

Thank you very for you patience and response.

I have the same issue. How can I become a CustomerAdmin? I opened already a TAC case for it, they re-routed me to customer support and they told me to ask this question on the SNTC community.

Hello Nick,

Good day to you!

I have acknowledged this post.

Please share the below details to my Private Message:

Contract number:

Serial number:

CCO ID:

Party ID:

Portal name:

Thanks and Regards,

Har**bleep**a Sharma