cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Upload

collinsja
Level 1
Level 1

So far my with the collector i have collected 211 devices.  So I created an upload job and ran it.  After the upload was done processing I only have 21 chassis in the portal.  Could any explain what I may be doing wrong?  Let me know if you need more information. 

13 Replies 13

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to run an an inventory on the devices before you run an upload. How did you go about running the upload? If you created an upload profile and ran that, it probably is uploading empty data. You should go to Management > Run Collection Profile and it should upload automatically once the inventory is finished. 

Try that and see if it works. 

Thanks,

Lynden

Ok, so I ran a Collection Profile and let it go over night.  I still do not have the same amount of chassis in my collector as i do in the portal.  

I also noticed  in the contract Management the portal is only listing 1 contract, but in my profile I have 6 different contracts assigned to me.  I am not sure if the 2 are related or not.

In the portal, if you go to Library > Administration > Upload Processing do you see an upload dated from last night? It could still be in processing.

Thanks,

Lynden

It ran from 8:52 to 00:22  it is done processing from what I can tell.

You should see a message on the Upload Processing page in the portal that explicitly tells you if it was successful, processing, or failed.

SMART SERVICES CONNECTION REPORT           UPLOAD PROCESSING     

Inventory SourceCollection NameProcessing Start TimeProcessing End TimeStatusInventory Name
Collector Uploadtransport-inventory-CSP0009018827-1444661273701.zip2015-10-13 07:48:04.0 America/Chicago2015-10-13 12:55:49.0 America/ChicagoSUCCESSCollector
Collector Uploadsntc1x_VSEM_1_1444703827201.zip2015-10-12 19:37:18.0 America/Chicago2015-10-12 19:55:02.0 America/ChicagoSUCCESSCollector
Collector Uploadtransport-inventory-CSP0009018827-1444681748549.zip2015-10-13 13:29:20.0 America/Chicago2015-10-13 17:20:42.0 America/ChicagoSUCCESSCollector
Collector UploadDPA_VSEM_1_1444830723082.zip2015-10-14 06:52:17.0 America/Chicago2015-10-14 22:38:49.0 America/ChicagoSUCCESSCollector

Hello,

On the portal, under the Library section, please take a look at the Inventory Insights navigation pages.  The Summary page shows you have 298 from 322 marked as ‘IP Address Not Reported’. The ‘IP Address Not Reported’ means “Total IP addresses in the managed device list that were NOT reachable by the Appliance/Collector. Potential reasons include bad credentials, devices that are offline or devices that are not responding”.  The Reported IP addresses refer to  25 chassie only.

Regards, Tim    

Ok so under Inventory Insight/Notcollected they all have the same Reason Code: SNAS-0123.  What does this code mean and what would I have to do to fix the issue.  I have checked the SNMP string and they are correct for the credentials that i have put into the collector.

NO PRODUCT ID MATCH FOR THE SERIAL NUMBER, FAILED IN TABLE DRIVEN VALIDATION PROCESS, FAILED IN CIBER PRODUCT MASTER CHECK, NO PID EQUIVALENCE MATCH

On the same navigation page there is a Suggested Action. field. In this case to contact Cisco Support.

Regards, Tim

Is this not the support forums?

We can continue to use this forum. However,  I am not able to answer this question so will need someone else to respond.

Outstanding question:

The SNTC Summary page shows 298 from 322 addresses are marked as ‘IP Address Not Reported’. Under Inventory Insight/Not Collected they all have the same Reason Code: SNAS-0123. 

What does this code mean and what would we have to do to fix the issue?

Regards, Tim

Hi Jason,

Since the devices did not get collected with the IP address mentioned, it didnot have any Serial number and product ID to be checked with Cisco service Contract Center (CSCC) for getting the contract number against validated Serial number and Product ID  and this is the reason it's showing SNAS-0123 Error code . We are internally working with team to fine-tune the error code with error message to give more relevant information.

To fix the issue the devices should get collected (the devices should be reachable ) with Serial number and product id .

Regards

Pamela

According to the other posts, it appears that your inventory isn't collecting the serial numbers from your managed devices. Here are a few steps you can try:

1) Go to Management > Discover and Manage Devices and select the "Rediscover" option. Once that is complete, go back to your dashboard and refresh. If your devices are no longer in the "Live Nodes" category then you may have an snmp/firewall/ACL issue.

2) Go to Management > Device Access Verification, select the SNMP version and run it on all your managed devices. Once this is complete you can see the report by going to Reports > Device Access Verification.

3) Go to Settings > Manage Data Collection Profiles and open your SNTC profile. Click on the Datasets tab and verify that some of the boxes are selected. If you see that some things are checked, don't mess with anything, since it is easy to mess up.

3) If you've verified that all of your devices are being polled properly by SNMP and are in the Live Nodes category, then reboot your collector (to kill any potentially hung jobs) and then run a manual inventory by going to Management > Run Collection Profile.

4) To verify that you are picking up serial numbers, go to Reports > Collection Profile Run Summary and select "view data" for the latest inventory. Select one of your devices from the left pane and then select the "Entity Physical" MIB. You should see the serial number listed here.

Give those steps a try, gather some information from the steps and post back here letting me know what you see. Please let me know if you need any clarification.

Thank you,

Lynden

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: