Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip Phone discovery

sntc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I'm having problems to discover Ip phones in our network, the Call Manager and UCS server are correctly managed, but the IP Phones do not appear. 

In all the other implementations I've done, the IP Phones was added automatically along with the call manager.

Is there any special configuration needed ? 

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to make sure the SNMP agent is enabled for CCM in Serviceability.  There is a difference between SNMP for the box and for servicing up the CCM MIBs.  If that is enabled, you can check the results of the collection on the CSPC by locating the last collection, looking at the CUCM server, and looking at the collected data to see if the CCM MIB data is populated or not.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to make sure the SNMP agent is enabled for CCM in Serviceability.  There is a difference between SNMP for the box and for servicing up the CCM MIBs.  If that is enabled, you can check the results of the collection on the CSPC by locating the last collection, looking at the CUCM server, and looking at the collected data to see if the CCM MIB data is populated or not.

Chris, 

The SNMP service was disabled, it worked now.

Thank you a lot for your help

Best regards,

My pleasure.  Always good when the fix comes quickly!