cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Procedure for updating collector appliance from 2.4 to 2.5?

csowerby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there -- looking for instructions or reference on procedure to update collector appliance from 2.4 to 2.5. The download portal offers an OVA and ISO but it is not clear which file to use nor what to do once it is downloaded. 

Thanks

9 Replies 9

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

You inquiry had been posted in a lower level community and was not visible to all users. I have re-posted it to the main community so our experts can view and respond.

Thanks!

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The 2.4 to 2.5 patch has yet to be released. You can either wait for the patch (no ETA), or you can deploy a 2.5 OVA and transition your data over.

Thanks,

Lynden

Thanks Lynden -- I am fine backing up and transitioning data but am unclear on the process for deploying v2.5 on the collector (which came pre-configured from Cisco about 18 months ago.) 

Would the same entitlement file be used? How do I install an OVA file on the appliance as you suggest?

Hi again,

I was actually wrong about the patch, it was released a few days ago. Sorry about that.

SSH into the collector with the admin credential and install the patch called "sp-2.0.4-0-0-lnx64". I've attached instructions with all the steps.

Thanks,

Lynden

We appear to have the same issue:

#########################################################################
# This system is hardened and for the use of authorized users only. #
# Individuals using this computer system without authority, or in #
# excess of their authority, are subject to having all of their #
# activities on this system monitored and recorded by system #
# personnel. #
# #
# In the course of monitoring individuals improperly using this #
# system, or in the course of system maintenance, the activities #
# of authorized users may also be monitored. #
# #
# Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring #
# and is advised that if such monitoring reveals possible #
# evidence of criminal activity, system personnel may provide the #
# evidence of such monitoring to law enforcement officials. #
#########################################################################
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.ca.ss.adminshell.client.ShellClient.main(ShellClient.java:63)
Error occured: could not connect to the command server

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12674656/cannot-ssh-console-cspc

due to the admin password being changed. No access via collectorlogin or root.

Can you identify the file required to deploy the latest version for our Cisco supplied hardware collector? Since the collector is already registered do we need to do anything unique when we re-deploy?

Thanks

Thanks Lynden -- I downloaded the ISO however I am not clear on how to mount on the UCS platform. The deployment instructions reference vmware...

If you want to use vmware, you should download the OVA, which is the entire virtual machine.

If you have a UCS platform from when you had 2.4, then you'll need to update using the CIMC since the servers don't have CD drives. Then just format the disk using the new ISO.

Also, for the registration, it depends if you were previously uploading to the 1.x portal. If you were, I would recommend creating a new entitlement (instructions in the blog I linked you to). If you deployed after 3.x, then you can probably use the old one. When in doubt, I would just make a new one.

Thanks,

Lynden

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: