Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove old devices collected previous collectors

DY(Dongyeong)
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I uploaded new collected devices data. However, I can see old devices in the SNTC. It means some hostnames and IPs are duplicated due to device replacement and hostname change. As far as I know, SNTC is supposed to show the latest uploading status. I am wondering if old devices that collected by previous collectors can remain in SNTC. If so, could you help me to remove old data? 

I installed 2.8 version as a new CSPC last January due to upgrading issue.

Thanks

DY

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Inventory has been deleted. Please have fresh new upload and let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Supriya

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI,

If you want to remove old data from GUI, you can go to management tab -> unmanage devices from there.

Please make sure that discovery and inventory (collection) has been ran on new devices before upload.  You can check that from collector GUI -> 'job run status' tab.

Please do let me know if any further question after performing/checking above

Thanks,
Supriya

Hi Supriya,

I already did it several times:

1. Unmanaged all of the devices

2. Re-discovered, collected, and uploaded datauploading.PNG

I discovered, collected, and uploaded devices per WLC, Core switch, routers, ASA, etc. SNTC show me old boxes whenever I uploaded as a new. I finally upload all my device data to SNTC. However, it still shows me old devices:

For example:

sntc.PNG

You can see 2960X switches that replaced with 9300. There is no 2960x switches in Managed Devices list:CSPC.PNG

Hi,

It seems that issue is related to below bug.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf36266/?reffering_site=dumpcr

If you have any further concern on this, please private message me customer company name, inventory name and SN, ip and hostname of those SNs that was removed and still showing up on latest upload.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi Supriya,

There is the last part of the old devices list. But, I couldn't send it because of the error, 'You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.'  I will send it late today or tomorrow morning. 

Please let me know if there is a better solution. I feel this is way too much work to us, you and me. Do you think it would be better deleting inventory and start again like 'new'?

Thanks.

HI,

I have checked further on this. You are using new appliance but kept the same inventory name that old appliance has so you are seeing data which was uploaded using old appliance. I can work with related team and remove existing data (old and new) so you can have fresh upload with only latest information. If that works for you. Make sure once it is deleted you or we do not have any way to recover those. Only with latest upload you will see latest data. This time you can use same entitlement and same inventory name.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi,

Thank you for explaining the reason why it happened. It helps me understand CSPC and SNTC.

It works for me. I'd like to keep the inentory name. Could you remove existing data(old and new)? After you remove data, I can upload my new device data, right? Please let me know if you are done.

I have a quick question. Is it also the same result (like 'I can fash upload') if I do the following procedure:

1. create a new inventory (different name)

2. entitled CSPC

3. upload data

4. delete old inventory

Thanks,

DY

Hi,

Using new CSPC entitlement with new inventory name and deleting old inventory (for this you have to reach out to TAC team) should give the result that you are looking for but since you want to keep same inventory name and remove data from old CSPC, we need to assist you. Once I am done deleting data on existing inventory, I will update you so you can have fresh upload with latest data. Please allow me some time.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi,

Inventory has been deleted. Please have fresh new upload and let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Supriya

Thank you very much, Supriya!

I have questions. I'd like to know how to SNTC handle seed file and uploading file. If I upload a seed, will SNTC manage separately like importing and uploading? Or will it be overwritten? In my case:

I am going to import a seed file that includes standby WLC and Viptela. And, I will upload data that is collected by CSPC.

1. If there is an overlapping device (IP or serial number), will it be overwritten? 

2. CSPC cannot collect standby WLCs. Will data of standby WLCs remain in SNTC after uploading data using CSPC?

I am asking it because I saw before:

1. SNTC manage inventory by data sources (it was 100% from CSPC in my case)

2. SNTC show the latest view.

Please let me know if my questions will be better to post as a new topic. 

Thank you,

DY 

HI,

Do you mean 'collector file import' and 'CSV file import' (these both are file import option given on SNTC portal)?

If you are using same inventory name like existing CSPC inventory upload name, data will flow into same inventory and those CSV data will be there unless subsequent CSV import is perform with updated values/data. If same ip is going to be uploaded via collector (as well CSV), there will be 2 results (as duplicate -one via collector upload and one via file import). There is no way to overwrite data if it is different collection source. Your latest view (now this is the only view SNTC has) will be 'latest upload from CSPC + latest CSV'.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Supriya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: