cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC - nothing shows up in the inventory on the portal

vantipov
Level 1
Level 1

I have deployed Common Services Platform Collector and successfully retrieved my devices information, created upload profile and uploaded the inventory 3 times via the collector.  Portal shows three uploads succeeding, but I still show no devices in the inventory. Any ideas?Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 11.27.25 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In this version of CSPC, there is no need to have a separate upload profile.

Please try the following:

• Unschedule the upload profile if scheduled
  • If scheduling is needed, schedule the collection profile, as you can see the "upload to remote server" is enabled by default - this takes care of the upload.
  • If data is needed immediately, use the "collect" button to run a collection profile.

Screenshot_3_13_18__14_51_PM.jpg

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What is your appliance ID?

CSP0009033779

Thanks, looks like you have incomplete inventory data. More than likely this is due to misconfigured collection/upload profiles.

Please paste screenshots of your configuration for collection and upload profiles for review.

In addition, are you running the collection profile before you run the upload profile?
If you are just uploading without running a collection profile, please run a collection profile as this will ensure the full inventory data is picked up and pushed to Cisco.

Thanks for your response.  This is a new deployment, so everything is default.  After I deployed this I ran the discovery and made sure to create the upload profile and run the upload.  I am attaching the screenshots for both profiles.

Attachments for the Upload Profile.

Thanks.

In this version of CSPC, there is no need to have a separate upload profile.

Please try the following:

• Unschedule the upload profile if scheduled
  • If scheduling is needed, schedule the collection profile, as you can see the "upload to remote server" is enabled by default - this takes care of the upload.
  • If data is needed immediately, use the "collect" button to run a collection profile.

Screenshot_3_13_18__14_51_PM.jpg

So I re-ran the process as you recommended and ended up with the same result.  I started looking at the portal and it seems that under Inventory Insight it shows that exactly 332 devices are placed in the "Not Collected" category with the reason code of "Not Reachable".  It was reachable on CSPC, but not on the portal.   

The latest uploaded file has not yet been processed.
Allow some time for the pending uploads to process, however I can confirm that the file does appear to now contain proper inventory data.

Once the last received upload has processed, your reports should populate.

Ok, I will check in tomorrow morning. Thanks again.

As of this morning everything has populated in the portal. Thanks for looking at this issue with me.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: