cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Denied from Inventory API

thefilmguy
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting an access denied from accessing the inventory API. First time using this so I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. After generating a token from the Inventory 2.0 API, I try a GET like such but it says access denied.

import requests

url = "https://apx.cisco.com/cs/api/v1/customer-info/customer-details"

payload = {}
headers = {
  'Content-Type': 'application/json',
  'Authorization': 'Bearer XXXX'
}

response = requests.request("GET", url, headers=headers, data = payload)

print(response.text.encode('utf8'))
8 Replies 8

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Matthew,

I noticed you were assigned API role by your DA recently. Can you give this a try once again?  If the issue persists please private message me your Client ID for further review.

Regards,

Suchita

This issue is being further looked at by our Engineering and Mulesoft teams.

Would you be able to have them look into my account as well? I am having the exact same issue as the other user. I can send you my CCO ID too if you'd like.

Thanks

Hi @ironick091 , Can you give it a try now to see if your API call goes through?

I noticed you got APIDeveloper role just today. It takes about 24 hours for the role information to flow into SNTC

system.

Regards,

Suchita

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply but I am still getting access denied. 

I think it is because I haven't, and cannot accept the Terms & Agreement, every time I try to click `Next` for Step 2, I receive the following error:

An unexpected error occurred. You may use the browser Back button to re-try this transaction.

The information for this transaction has been forwarded to support team to investigate this problem. If you want to follow up to be notified when the situation is resolved, please open a case at My Cisco Workspace

- If you are not set up to open a case, click on "Add Module" and select Customer Service Central Module.

- In Customer Service Central, click tab for Open a Case and select General Inquires > Tool/Application/Other.

- When submitting the Open a Case form reference the Cisco Services Access Management (CSAM) user association or user role assignment error; Transaction ID 99321

I have tried using multiple browsers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox, and Google Chrome and I still get the same error.

Hi,

is it possible you can also look at my access?

im trying to access the inventory API, i got the token, but then access denied.

aakanksha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible you can also look at my access?

im trying to access the inventory API, i got the token, but then access denied.

I read the documentation and tried to request for api access but I am getting request denied.

aakanksha_0-1689686949633.png

Can you please tell what is Cisco Prod and how to get access of it? I want to fetch inventory details using inventory api. 

aakanksha_1-1689687020628.png

Hi Aakansha , 

I am the incharge of this post and I will be assisting you shortly on the issue .

Please provide us the following details in PM (Private message) so that we can proceed further on the issue: 

• Customer Name
  • Customer's CCO ID 
  • Customer's Email Address 
  • Company Name 

Thanks & Regards, 

Kapil Taneja