cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add LDAP server in CSP Collector

anniebel13
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a sample on how the LDAP server has to be setup on the collector? I have tried numerous ways and for the life of me am unable to set it up. 

8 Replies 8

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you please let me know if you're still seeing any issues while setting up your LDAP settings?  After you have configured the LDAP server details, you will want to also create "Remote Users" account for each username on the CSPC by going to Administration -> Manage Users -> Add User.

Thank you,

Jarrett

I was able to add and test LDAP successfully. I also have added the user in CSPC. However, I was not be able to login using LDAP. What could be wrong please?

Thank you so much hanxya. I removed the base DN and was able to successfully test with adding the domain in front. I was also able to login using LDAP by adding the username with the domain name in front. Example: Login ID : company\user That should work for you too.

No, its still not working. Do you have an example on how it should be filled out? This is how I have it.

Hello,

Do you know if the CSPC has local DNS servers configured to be able to resolve the hostname you are using?  You may also want to try using the IP address of the LDAP server as well.

Thank you,

Jarrett

I did try it with the IP address and I get authentication failed. 

Try to leave the Base DN blank. When testing, put domain name in front of your user name.

To setup remote user authentication you have to follow the two steps given below

1. Setup Remote Authentication Servers( Administration ->Manage Remote Authentication Servers).

You don't need to setup Base DN

image.pngT

Test Remote Server. Include domain\userId and domain password

Eg. corpnet\mupflk

2. Add a remote user. (Administration-> Manage Users->Add User)

Enter the login Id with domain name. Eg. corpnet\mupflk

Auth Type: "Remote User"

Select the Group Name as you desire

Enter the e-mail address.(otherwise an alarm will pop up)

When you login, enter domain\userId at the login prompt.