cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Affected Devices Count is incorrect

twylyghtcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Under Active Alerts in SNTC, I am getting disparate counts for actual devices where an alert would be applicable.  

For example, in the first screenshot (Active Alerts - 6907) I have a count far larger than devices in my network.  In the second screenshot (Drill Down - 3433), that count is cut immediately in half without any filtering.  This count is still bigger than the number of applicable devices.  In the third screenshot (Chassis - 703), I finally get an accurate count for what is affected.

What needs to be done to get this these numbers properly aligned?

My thanks in advance for any and all help that can be offered.

EDIT: This issue appears to be germane mostly to Software EoX Alerts.  Hardware EoX mostly appear to be correct (router switchcards appear to be the exception).  PSIRTs are being addressed by a bug.

8 Replies 8

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello James,

I see the difference in the count of affected devices reported, will be analyzing the issue further and get back with the findings.

Regards, Suchita

Wanted to check in to see if there has been any movement on this issue.  Are we the only client that has reported this kind of discrepancy?

Hello James,

We created a bug to address this issue. The bug number is CSCve49943. You can track this on the Bug Search Tool : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve49943

Regards

Can I inquire if this bug also covers the issue that;

The numbers reported in "Notification from Cisco Smart Services - Alert Processing" emails differs to that within SNTC alerts reports?

So far I have yet to find any count that matches; generally they are close +/- 10% but they should be 100% accurate, especially where the inventory or alerts haven't changed.

Rgds, Graham

Wanted to check in again to see if there has been any movement on this issue.  I've seen nothing altered for CSCve49943 since it was acknowledged in May of this year.

Wanted to check in again to see if there has been any movement on this issue.  I've seen nothing altered for CSCve49943 since it was acknowledged in May of this year.

Hi James,

We have raised the issue with our development team. Please continue to watch the bug for progress.  There currently is no scheduled timeframe for a fix to be deployed.

Cheers,
Cheri

I've yet to see any movement on CSCve49943.  Wanted to check and see if there is a timeline to get this addressed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: