cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agreement Acceptance Email not being sent / Unable to provide access

matt-smith1
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully associated a new user with out SmartNet portal access but when trying to make the account an administrator the agreement acceptance email is never received so the process is stuck.  When trying to allocate roles the status goes to "Deleted" on the day the access should commence.  Can someone help to look at this?  I have tried to do this a number of times, removing/readding etc but cannot get any further.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin Kelly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can see two users nominated as additional Delegated Administrators, sitting in the "Pending Agreement Acceptance" status.  One appears to have been nominated back in January, the other one last Thursday (Oct. 20). That status will remain until/unless the nominated administrator logs in to the Cisco Service Access Management application, to view and accept the terms and conditions.  If they have not received that welcome email with the link, they can simply access the URL directly: https://cdceb.cloudapps.cisco.com/csam

But based on your description, I think you are also describing an issue with assigning the SNTC Customer Admin role.  There are known issues regarding establishing future start/end dates for SNTC role assignments.  All Delegated Administrators were previously notified via email of these issues, with the recommendation that you NOT use the start/end date feature, and instead leave both of those fields blank when making role assignments.  This will make the role assignment effective immediately, and will remain in place until you remove it.  (We expect to resolve the issues of future start/end date role assignments in our next code release.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kevin Kelly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can see two users nominated as additional Delegated Administrators, sitting in the "Pending Agreement Acceptance" status.  One appears to have been nominated back in January, the other one last Thursday (Oct. 20). That status will remain until/unless the nominated administrator logs in to the Cisco Service Access Management application, to view and accept the terms and conditions.  If they have not received that welcome email with the link, they can simply access the URL directly: https://cdceb.cloudapps.cisco.com/csam

But based on your description, I think you are also describing an issue with assigning the SNTC Customer Admin role.  There are known issues regarding establishing future start/end dates for SNTC role assignments.  All Delegated Administrators were previously notified via email of these issues, with the recommendation that you NOT use the start/end date feature, and instead leave both of those fields blank when making role assignments.  This will make the role assignment effective immediately, and will remain in place until you remove it.  (We expect to resolve the issues of future start/end date role assignments in our next code release.)

Thanks for the swift response on this Kevin, I was able to sort out the access by accessing the URL you provided.  Appreciate you assistance on this.