Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert Processing - email notifications

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For one of my collectors/inventories the 'alert processing' emails notifications have just shown all counts as '0' since 9th Dec 2017.

This is an extract from a notification email on the 6th Nov 2017:

Table below displays number of Product Alerts with uploaded inventory:
Total Number of Hardware EOX : 245
Total Number of Software EOX : 55
Total Number of Field Notice : 40
Total Number of PSIRT : 207

From the alert received from the 9th Dec onward, this is what is received each and every time:

Table below displays number of Product Alerts with uploaded inventory

Total Number of Hardware EOX : 0
Total Number of Software EOX : 0
Total Number of Field Notice : 0
Total Number of PSIRT : 0

All uploads show as being processed successfully, and no other issues are observed.

Note that this is only impacting one of our 16 inventories.

4 Replies 4

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

Update to the symptoms:

It appears that these null alert processing emails are being sent every day , irrespective if any inventory has been uploaded or not.

Hello graham.kirtley,
Thank you for these details. We were able to identify the issue and working with our engineering team for a solution.
In the meantime, please let me know if there are any questions.
Thank you,
Jarrett

Hi folks,

Can I ask for an update on this issue; as can be seen in the attached screen capture we are receiving up to 19 emails a day, for an inventory that has not been uploaded, and all the values int he email are null.

Cisco-Alerts-18Feb.PNG

Rgds,

Graham

Hello Graham

You can track the bug that we have opened for this issue at here.  Unfortunately I do not have an ETA for the fix from engineering at this time. 

Thank you,

Jarrett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: