cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All data gone from the Portal

ksforeman
Level 1
Level 1

I have logged into the SNTC portal and all our previously uploaded data is now gone. My colleague has also attempted to login and gets the same.

How can we find out what has happened to our data ?

Thanks

Kevin

10 Replies 10

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Kevin,
SNTC recently had a new portal release (4.0) which required that all manual uploads be re-submitted again. I can see that you were using the CSPC manual File Import method, would you be able to issue a new upload and check to see if the data starts to populate again?
Thank you,
Jarrett

Ok, will do. Didn't want to start one off until I knew why it had disappeared.

Thanks

Kevin

I've re-uploaded the last import and data is there now. But the IP addresses aren't showing correctly any longer. For example, they are in the format 0.0.2.128 - This looks to be for all devices.

Thanks

Kevin

Hello ksforeman,

Can you please check and see if the IPs are also reflected in your CSV File which was used for importing?  The SNTC portal will reference those IPs when processing CSV files.

Thank you,

Jarrett

It's not a CSV, it's the downloaded transport file from the collector and the same file I used in my last upload prior to these issues.

Hello ksforeman,

This may indicate that the masking feature of the CSPC was enabled.  To check the settings for the masking rules, on the CSPC GUI Select "Device Management" -> Collection Rules -> Manage Data Collection Profiles -> Select Modify SNTC Profile.  After the settings have been changed, you will need to rerun the Collection Profile and grab a new file for the manual upload.

DPA.png

Thank you,

Jarrett

I will check, but this is the same download we've used previously and we've never masked the IP addresses at all. It is exactly the same file we used for the previous upload prior to the portal upgrade.

Thanks

Kevin

The masking settings are not selected. Any idea's why it's no longer working ?

Thanks

Kevin

Hello ksforeman,

Can you please check and see if the Masking Settings have been enabled for any Collection Profiles on your CSPC?  The options to mask will be enabled for all service named upload files. 

Thank you,

Jarrett

I've just looked through the file and it has a 'dav' file - this contains the device names and IP addresses as I'd expect to see them.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: