Views
Helpful
Replies

API management of Collector

DCTArchitect
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am looking to manage the Cisco Smart Collector hosted on site using the API's. 

The API's presented in the User guide are only examples and i need more information so i can achieve the following goals:

1. See what tasks are running, scheduled

2. See the detail of each task

3. Create small discovery tasks for each subnet in my company

4. Run them at a scheduled time.

etc

These are but a subset of what I would like to achieve, as with all development ideas, and requirements change as you work with the product.

A document of all the possible API's would be useful, Is this something you can provide?

Thanks,

Martin

7 Replies 7

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The user guide has several CSPC XML API examples which can be used from within the CSPC UI by going to the (Administration -> XML API Console ) window.  These are primarily used by technical support or advanced service teams like NOS/BCS.   Unfortunately I do not believe there is a way to automate the tasks with CSPC that you have mentioned below for CSPC or the SNTC services and may need to be configured and setup from the CSPC UI directly.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarrett,

I have read the end user documentation, this is what i did before posting this question and its just not enough information for the API's available.

If the questions i am asking cannot be answered, please provide me a list of all the API and XML variations for it and then i will develop this myself.

Thanks,

Martin

Aussie Dave F
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had luck finding the full list of available APIs and XML variations? The "several CSPC XML API examples", being an incomplete set and providing incomplete detail are not sufficient for building solutions with. Where is the full suite API spec?

Hello,

The mentioned examples that we have on the guide are the only ones that we got and the customers can create newer ones as per their requirement.

Thank you!

customers can create newer ones as per their requirement ... based on what official documentation about the available APIs and the parameters, hearers, etc. to use with them?
Please advise

Hello,

You can copy the APIs that are already on the guide and use those templates to create further. This is something that the internal teams use and unfortunately there is no documentation that shows on how to use them or create more of these with a template.

Thanks!