cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automation of the CSPC - adding a device for Discovery

bill.johnston
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to automate the discovery of devices into Cisco CSPC, Common Service Platform Collector.  I've written scripts which take the inventory from our management platform (Prime) and from the CSPC Portal on service.cisco.com and creates a Missing In Action list which need to be added to the on premises CSPC.

I then use the above report to drive another script which adds the required SNMP configuration on to the missing devices.

Finally, having updated the end devices, I want to programmatically add them to the CSPC Discovery.

I have created a simple PERL REST::Client script which seems to authenticate properly with the on premises CSCP.  Unfortunately, when I attempt to send the XML I captured earlier, directly off the on premises CSPC, the script throws an error.

Below is the example XML I obtained from the on premises CSPC

billjohnston_0-1634060875842.png

I get the following error message:

<Response><Status code='FAILED'><ErrorList><Error>Unsupported operation: DiscoveryJob</Error></ErrorList></Status></Response>

What am I missing here?

2 Replies 2

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

I hope you are doing good!
I am in charge of this post. I will get back to you with an update in a Personal message.

Regrds,

Neha Rani

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try This one and let me know:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<Request requestId="3333" xmlns="http://www.parinetworks.com/api/schemas/1.1">

-<Job>

-<Schedule operationId="1">

<JobSchedule runnow="true"/>

-<DiscoveryJob identifier="fromPrime_discovery">

-<DiscoveryOptionsList>

-<DiscoveryOptions>

-<IPAddressList>

<IPAddress>10.250.130.198</IPAddress>

</IPAddressList>

</DiscoveryOptions>

</DiscoveryOptionsList>

</DiscoveryJob>

</Schedule>

</Job>

</Request>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: