cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not import CSV

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why oh why did I inflick the pain of using another Cisco "tool" on myself.  I should know better.

So I signed up to try the new Smart Services portal.  That was an exercise in itself.  I have many hundreds on contracts registered against my CCO username, and it took about 20 attempts to find one that will let me sign up.  My CCO account is also a partner account.

I am now trying to import a customer with one Cisco device.  It is a SNTC policy.  Are you meant to be able to import customer contracts, or only your own contracts?  Is maybe this only meant to be used by end user customers?

I created the following CSV file:

HostName,IPAddress,SerialNumber,ProductID
xxx,192.168.xxx.xxx,FGL19xxxxxx,C887VA-K9

I noticed it doesn't specify the contract number.  I tried to import the file, and I only get a generic error "Import Errors: Operation could not be complete retry".  I can't see anywhere to find out what the issue even is.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Philip,

You are set up on SNTC as a Customer Admin and as such you can import data and use the other administrator features. The File Import works using the Serial Number (SN) and PID of the devices. There are the other mandatory fields as you are aware. The SW version, although not mandatory is used to determine some of the alert data so is relatively important.

The SNTC portal will assess all the Serial Numbers/PIDs imported and match them against our databases. One of these is the Contracts database. To answer your question you can import all the devices from the network irrespective of the contract. The contract data is not used as part of the upload of the SN/PID. However, once the device is imported the contract information you will see for the SN will be determined by your association to the Customer and the Bill-To entity. As an example the portal will show if the device is covered under a service contract but will not show the contract details if the device is covered under a contract sold by a different partner.

Regards, Tim

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

asingadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Philip

Only your Smart Net Total Care customer administrator can import the CSV file through the portal. However, all users will be able to see the imported devices and imported details in the portal and reports.If you are a partner (i.e CBR admin/user) you will not be able to do the file import.

Thanks,

Anusha.

I am the administrator.  I get the error when I import the file.

Hi Philip,

Please go through this PDF  it will help you to understanding overview of the CSV file import capability and how to use CSV file import.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/sntc-file-import-3.x-app-note-072315-final.pdf

Thanks,

Anusha.

I want to be 100% on one question I have asked.

Can I, as the Partner Administrator, import all of the SNTC contracts I have sold to all of my customers?

Hello Philip,

You are set up on SNTC as a Customer Admin and as such you can import data and use the other administrator features. The File Import works using the Serial Number (SN) and PID of the devices. There are the other mandatory fields as you are aware. The SW version, although not mandatory is used to determine some of the alert data so is relatively important.

The SNTC portal will assess all the Serial Numbers/PIDs imported and match them against our databases. One of these is the Contracts database. To answer your question you can import all the devices from the network irrespective of the contract. The contract data is not used as part of the upload of the SN/PID. However, once the device is imported the contract information you will see for the SN will be determined by your association to the Customer and the Bill-To entity. As an example the portal will show if the device is covered under a service contract but will not show the contract details if the device is covered under a contract sold by a different partner.

Regards, Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: