cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4507 not being collected

demiller
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unable to discover 2 4507s with the CSPC collector ver. 2.8.1.4. I have numerous other devices running the identical snmp strings that are discovered fine. I ran a discovery using multiple protocols, still no luck. Product model WS-C4507R+E  with installed dual sups (WS-X45-SUP8-E). IOS-XE ver 03.08.06.E

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If a device is seen as Generic then the SNMP request from the CSPC is being responded to but the CSPC is unable to categorize the device based on the SysOID. If that is the case then during a collection it may not know what datasets (MIB SysOIDs) to run against the device to gather the proper information.

Can you go to the Dashboard and find the device in question, double click on the hostname and provide the Sys Object Id please?

Thank you

View solution in original post

Working after going back to snmp ver 2c. Go figure.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dannis Bounvilay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you by chance running VSS on these 4500's? If you are running VSS, is at least one of them showing up when you try to discover?

Thanks!

no it will not discover them, but does see them as generic devices. I was thinking of breaking the VSS and try to discover again.

If a device is seen as Generic then the SNMP request from the CSPC is being responded to but the CSPC is unable to categorize the device based on the SysOID. If that is the case then during a collection it may not know what datasets (MIB SysOIDs) to run against the device to gather the proper information.

Can you go to the Dashboard and find the device in question, double click on the hostname and provide the Sys Object Id please?

Thank you

Working after going back to snmp ver 2c. Go figure.

Thank you for the update. Glad it's working again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: