Views
Helpful
Replies

Change PSIRT alerts from active to acknowledge

lnacional
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

i want to know how can change the status of the PSIRT alerts from active to acknowledge.

I did the following. I go to "library" --> "active alerts", then i select the alert to change. So inside the alert "affected devices" --->"action" and then select "action taken" for all devices with that alert.

On the alert all devices appears like "action taken" but the alert itself keep showing in "active alerts" and the status keep "active".

How can i change this status??.

Note: This process works for Field Notice alerts, Hardware alerts and software alerts, but not works for PSIRT alerts

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Could you please check once and let us know if you are able to change the status of the alert now as the above bug is fixed.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

gausing5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Looking into the issue and will get back to you with the updates.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

gausing5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi There,

Please try changing the status of the alerts by going under Administration>Active Alerts>select the alert >Actions and then change the status to ignore.

You may want to go through this video to know more.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

Hi there, how are you?

I want the state of the alert showing as acknowledge, if I change the state to ignore, what state will the alert show?

thanks

Hi,

There are only two status Active and Ignore. There is no status as Acknowledge. If you will choose ignore, it will show the status as ignore.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

Hi,

I did the same process for a Field Notice alert, and it change the status to acknowledge. Works for Field notice, Hardware alerts and software alerts, but not work for PSIRT alert.

i attached the capture.

Hi,

We have recreated the issue in our Lab. and it looks like we are able to get the status of PSIRT to Acknowledge.

Please make sure after you have taken action on all the affected devices for a given alert, the status will get updated to Acknowledge.

If the issue still persists could you please share the screenshot of the PSIRT that you are trying to acknowledge and do let us know if we can have a quick WebEx session to check the issue further.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

lnacional
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gaurav, i attached the captures. In the affected devices alert status is "action taken" but the alert itself shown as "active".
can we do a webex tomorrow 3 pm gmt-3 (Argentina) are you available at that time?

Can you bring a translator please, my english is no soo god.

Hi,

Sure, lets meet tomorrow 27 July at 3PM GST-3. Could you please share your CCOID and I will share the WebEx invite with you.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

HI,

I am available 3:00 pm GMT-3.

3:00 pm GST-3 is not working hours for me.

CCOID is "lnacional"

Hi,

Sorry for the typo, its 3pm GMT-3.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

Hi,

We have identified the problem as a bug.

Please refer to given bug id CSCvz22883  to track this issue.

Kind Regards,

Gaurav Singh

hi,

Thanks for the update.

I see the bug reference, anyway another thing that i realize, i can change the status of PSIRT alerts with security impact "low, medium and high", but is not working for alerts witch sec impact "critical". Maybe this help.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the information, will let the backend team know and keep you updated.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

Hi,

Could you please check once and let us know if you are able to change the status of the alert now as the above bug is fixed.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: