cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco C9404R is showing device family unknown in CSPC

pierre33888
Level 1
Level 1

i have newly deployed cisco C9404R in my network environment and it is showing device family unknown when tried to discover from CSPC. appreciate if anyone can advice. thanks

8 Replies 8

Dannis Bounvilay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have attached a PID checker tool for you to check to see if your devices are support/not supported by the collector.

Thanks!

Thanks for information. I can see the device C9404R is supported according to the list but it is showing device family unknown in CSPC. Any idea why is it so?

Thanks for information. I can see the device C9404R is supported according to the list but it is showing device family unknown in CSPC. Any idea why is it so?

It will depend on which version of CSPC you are running. Support was added in CSPC version 2.8.1.

i'm using the older version. will try to upgrade and check it out. thanks for the information :)

Hi Chris. I'm using the version of 2.8. Means I need to upgrade to 2.8.1?

Yes. Upgrade to 2.8.1 or later. When you rediscover the device it will now know its family in CSPC. BTW, the SNTC portal would already know its family. The impact of the CSPC version is twofold: 1) What you see in CSPC UI. 2) We don't know what specifically to collect for the device, so we'd miss out on the CLI & Config collection. Basics of inventory will be present, but when CSPC recognizes a device type it is able to properly collect the required data.

Noted. if that’s the case , I will try to upgrade and check it out. Thank you very much 😊