Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSPC not uploading UCS information to Portal

Hello,

We have Cisco UCS 6248UP 48 port fabric interconnects, and SNMP v3 is configured.  The collector discovers them, but they aren't getting uploaded to the SNTC Portal.  Is there anything special that needs to be configured for the collector to gather the proper information on these and then get them uploaded to the portal?  I am on the latest version of the collector - 2.8.1.2.  Attached is a screenshot of the details in the collector of one of them.  I crossed out the IP address.  Thank you.

UCS6248UP.JPG

10 Replies 10

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you confirm if you are managing the UCS FI from the VIP or physical addresses please? Also if you right-click on the device from the dashboard you can select the option View Latest Collection Details and confirm the device data has been gathered by the CSPC.

In the collector, I am using the physical addresses of the FI.  When I right click on them from the dashboard, there are many datasets that are successful, one that failed (show version from CLI), and many that are NA.  Thank you.

Thank you, can you please provide the CSPC Appliance ID and inventory name you are using on the SNTC portal so we can confirm the issue. Also, can you confirm the date and time of your most recent collection and upload from the CSPC to SNTC?

CSPC Appliance ID - CSP00090XXXXX

Inventory Name - XXXXXXXXXX

Most recent successful collection and upload - March 26, 2019, 1:40PM EDT

Thank you, would you be able to share in a private message the serial numbers of these FI pairs to validate my findings please?

Sent you a private message.  I sent it to the wrong person yesterday.  Thank you.

Thank you for your response.

Based on the data you provided the UCS-FIs are not providing their serial numbers from the expected MIB and thus they are not being processed even though the Blade data may be available. Please run an snmpwalk from your CSPC CLI and use the cucsNetworkElementSerial sysoid .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.32.1.1.17 to ensure the UCS-FI responds with its serial numbers?

From 'root' run;

snmpwalk -v 3 -u <V3username> -l AuthPriv -a <Auth Protocol> -A <Auth Passwd> -x <Priv Protocol> -X <Priv Passwd> <IP address> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.32.1.1.17

You can also check your collected data from the UI for this device and from the Datasets search for  CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-NETWORK-MIB 

Capture3.JPG

Ran that command on one of the FI and this is what it returned:

No log handling enabled - turning on stderr logging
Created directory: /var/lib/net-snmp/mib_indexes
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.719.1.32.1.1.17.61342 = STRING: "SSI185005G8"
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.719.1.32.1.1.17.61376 = STRING: "SSI185005G7"

Those are the serial numbers of 2 of our FI.  I also checked the data in the UI and it shows successful, but no data shows up when I click on it:

Capture1.JPG

Any follow up on this?  The serial numbers are showing up in the command line, but not showing up in the GUI.

Hello, are there any next steps I can take to get our UCS data to collect properly and upload to the portal?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: