cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Smart Net Total Care portal email verification broken

bcoverstone
Level 1
Level 1
Email verification in the portal registration is currently broken. The email will rarely send.

Verify your email
Another verification email has been sent, please check your inbox.
A verification email has been sent to brian@mainsequence.net. Click on the link in the email to complete your request.

If you don't receive the verification email within the next few minutes, check your spam folder and click resend verification.

If I rapid fire the link, I can get it to send about one out of every 40 clicks.

Of course, by the time I get it, the link has been overwritten with another click.

Verification link in your email has expired
The verification link in your email has expired due to one of the following reasons:

You clicked on the link more than once. By design, the verification link is valid for one time use only.
You clicked on 'resend verification'. In such scenarios, wait for the most recent verification email and click on the verification link
If this error persists, please post a question in the  Smart Net Total Care Support community and one of the subject matter experts will assist your further.

Any alternatives? I don't know why I even have to verify my email here. This email has been verified with Cisco for 15 years. How is left hand and right hand so disconnected here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like other people still have this intermittent issue.

You don't need to reach out to me, you need to reach out to your own web/email developers.

I can't help Cisco fix their own email issues further than I already have.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I hope you are doing good!

I will be in charge of this post. I will ping you in PM for further troubleshooting on this issue.

Regards,

Neha Rani

I am having similar problem.

I don't receive the verification email.

Contract number:  Correct

Serial number: Correct

went thru registration steps with no problem but never get verification email.  Checked junk mail and clicked resend verification.

Tried different browser.  Cleared cookies and cached data in Edge.  No change.

Hi,

I'm sending you a PM for further troubleshooting.

Neha

What you need to do is take this information, create a ticket, and send it to the website/email developer so they can diagnose and repair the SMTP verification process.

I am a developer and part of my routine is to fix bugs with software.

youcandoit.jpg

The verification email is supposed to be sent by Cisco to me.  That email is not being generated.  

Thanks, 

Dave

It looks like other people still have this intermittent issue.

You don't need to reach out to me, you need to reach out to your own web/email developers.

I can't help Cisco fix their own email issues further than I already have.

Paddy S
Level 1
Level 1

The email verification finally worked.

I was re-directed to a web page telling me a "A Cisco agent will be reviewing your request"

Thank you for providing all the information required for registration. Additional assessment is needed to process your request. A Cisco agent will be reviewing your request and may reach out to you for information as needed.

You will receive an email update on your registration status within one business day.

I've been getting emails from Cisco support asking me to sign up for SNTC

I've had a TAC account for about 10 years.  Not sure if this is the usual response to SNTC registration?

dbogdan
Level 1
Level 1

same issue here.  I just gave my email guy a hard time.  lol

zawmin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue. could you please help me out. " Verification link in your email has expired"