cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI admin account locked on collector

Mary Ghabrai
Level 1
Level 1

can someone please help me with the CSPC cli login issues I'm having? 

- admin login to Gui works
- root and collectorlogin were never set as far as I know.
- admin login to cli is locked due to failed logins - (waiting 30 min did not fix this, we also rebooted the appliance with no luck)

4 Replies 4

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using the same admin password as GUI.   They are not the same authentication. So the password is likely not the same the lock will  take about an hour to reset but if you password that was set for the cli admin is not know there is no way to reset it otherwise without the collectorlogin and root user passwords. If you do not have SMART assist contract to engage with TAC to unlock it via special TAC propitiatory  procedures via database. The only alternative at this moment is to redeploy the server.

I'm actually not sure about the CLI password. When I first set this VM up lst year, I used the same password as GUI but it has been changed multiple times by other team members.

I've given the lock a few days and it didn't change. I even rebooted the VM and the log alert still exists.

I tried to create a support ticket but we don't have a smart assist contract. I saw other threads on this forum where Cisco provided a patch to apply while rebooting. do I have an option to fix this with a patch?

if there are no other options other than redeploying, could you please point me to the direction on how to back up all the current configuration? and how to restore it when we re-deploy?

thank you in advance,
Mary

There is no patch to fix this, but I am curios to see what post was that one, can you please send me the link the post and I will review.,  What is the present version of your collector?

there are a lot of discussions on this, this is the one I was refering to, which Cisco offered a patch to be applied to restore the password:
https://208.74.205.244/t5/smart-net-total-care-portal-and/unable-to-login-to-the-cli-of-cspc/td-p/2855959

we're on version 2.8.1.6 . I've tried to upgrade it as it prompts for it but I haven't been successful so far. is there a manual way I can upgrade it?

also if my last resort is redeploying it, there are a ton of discovered devices on this VM, do you know how I can back up and restore all that?