Helpful
Replies

Collect Secondary WLC and Viptela

DY(Dongyeong)
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

1. Secondary WLC

As per Cisco document, the new enhancement in the 8.7 release is the Peer Statistics with additional information about Peer Serial Number and Fan Status.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-7/High_Availability_DG.html#pgfId-202289

I tested one of WLCs that the version is 8.8. It seemed like Collector didn't collect peer information. I couldn't find MIB CISCO-LWAPP-HA-MIB.my in CSPC dataset list. Does CSPC support the mib? I added a dataset, but it didn't work. Please let me know if there is a method to upload secondary WLC to SNTC. 

2. Viptela

We are starting to deploy Viptela solutions. Could you confirm whether SNTC (and CSPC) supports Viptela or not? CSPC could discover and collect Viptela data (include wrong hostname, IPs, Software version) partially. 

Thank you,

DY 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brawall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CSPC does not support that WLC HA mib as of yet but its something that we can investigate. We generally recommend doing a manual CSV import with standby WLC information in it as a workaround.

For Viptela we can only do HW EOX and Field Notices. The datasets for these are on the last page in the collector if you wanted to take a look. You must be on CSPC 2.8.1 with Rules Package 4.9 for this and you will need to poll these devices directly since we can't pull all info from the vManage

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

brawall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CSPC does not support that WLC HA mib as of yet but its something that we can investigate. We generally recommend doing a manual CSV import with standby WLC information in it as a workaround.

For Viptela we can only do HW EOX and Field Notices. The datasets for these are on the last page in the collector if you wanted to take a look. You must be on CSPC 2.8.1 with Rules Package 4.9 for this and you will need to poll these devices directly since we can't pull all info from the vManage

Hello Brawall,

Thank you for your confirmation.

I hope CSPC can support WLC HA mib next patch or version.

Thanks again.

DY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: