cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collection data not uploading to SNTC Portal

daniel.bloom
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed a new CSP Collector 2.7 and registered it successfully to the SNTC Portal. I've run a data collection a week ago, which reported a successful upload within the CSP logs however I do not see anything within the upload processing section of the portal. Can someone a Cisco check the backend to see if the upload is present or if there is an issue?

Job Log:

Job Running
Upload INITIALIZING: RUNNING
Upload INITIALIZING: SUCCESSFUL
Upload SELECTING_DEVICES: RUNNING
Upload SELECTING_DEVICES: SUCCESSFUL; Other Details: 287 devices selected
Upload SEGMENTING: RUNNING
Upload SEGMENTING: SUCCESSFUL
Upload EXPORTING: RUNNING; Directory: exportdata; Other Details: Min_VSEM_1516166575508.zip
Upload EXPORTING: SUCCESSFUL; Directory: exportdata; Other Details: Min_VSEM_1516166575508.zip
Upload UPLOADING: RUNNING; Certificate: CSP0009032808; Directory: exportdata; File: Min_VSEM_1516166575508.zip
Upload UPLOADING: SUCCESSFUL; Certificate: CSP0009032808; Directory: exportdata; File: Min_VSEM_1516166575508.zip; Other Details: SUCCESS
Upload CLEANING_UP: RUNNING
Upload CLEANING_UP: SUCCESSFUL; Other Details: CSP0009032808: SUCCESS
Job Completed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This was the response I got from TAC:

I do not believe the contract provided on the case is one of the supported SMART ASSIST  TAC support for SMART CARE. However in any case I will open an exception because we believe we found a major problem with all the uploads for SC not only this one. It seems that with the migration of servers all Smart Care uploads are going into the NG servers and not processed correctly into your accounts portals.  It is a major problem because at this time point in time Smart care do not support it and only support 3X. We will engage with developers and keep you posted.

It would appear to be a backend issue. They are also suggesting that this community is the only place for obtaining support if you don't have a Smart Assist contract, which SmareCare, now SNTC, does not come with.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

This collector is registered as Smart Care, can you please make sure that you are trying to visualize this on the Smart Care portal rather than the Smart Net Total Care portal?

Cesar

The Smart Care Portal redirects you to the SmartNet Total Care portal. You also get the below message stating that you will be redirected. How would I check the old Smart Care portal? Do I have to do anything to migrate the data to the new portal?

SmartCare.PNG

Thanks for the details.

The migration to the new portal should've been automatic.

If you normally are able to log into the SNTC portal, you can switch to Smart Care by clicking on the "back" button and from there selecting the "Smart Care" service.

Cisco_Services_Connection.jpg

However, it looks like there are some issues with Smart Care access at this point. Let me reach out to the backend team to see if this is global.

Cesar

It does look like I'm in the right portal, as it shows Smart Care in the top left hand corner. Thanks for checking to see if there is a backend issue.

SmartCare.PNG

Are you able to see the upload information under Library -> Administration -> Upload processing?

No, it shows no data in this section.

SmartCare.PNG

Ok, there is no outage, Smart Care should be working fine.

Please log into https://services.cisco.com and see if you are able to access and view the Smart Care section of the portal.

Regards,
Cesar

It shows me the Smart Care header but no inventory or customer data.

SmartCare.PNG

Also make sure to select the correct customer in case you have multiple listed.
This is on the top left menu. (Click on pencil icon to change).

I have definitely selected the right customer.

Could it have something to do with the fact that the inventory section shows 0. I remember specifying an inventory value when I created the certificate for the CSP Collector but I don't see that inventory name as an option within the customer selection screen.

Hello, I believe you were updated about the status of this via the TAC case you opened about the status of this.
For Smart Care issues, it's best to go directly to TAC as Smart Care entitles you to opening TAC cases and prevents confusion as this community is for SNTC issues.

Regards,
Cesar

This was the response I got from TAC:

I do not believe the contract provided on the case is one of the supported SMART ASSIST  TAC support for SMART CARE. However in any case I will open an exception because we believe we found a major problem with all the uploads for SC not only this one. It seems that with the migration of servers all Smart Care uploads are going into the NG servers and not processed correctly into your accounts portals.  It is a major problem because at this time point in time Smart care do not support it and only support 3X. We will engage with developers and keep you posted.

It would appear to be a backend issue. They are also suggesting that this community is the only place for obtaining support if you don't have a Smart Assist contract, which SmareCare, now SNTC, does not come with.

They are also suggesting that this community is the only place for obtaining support if you don't have a Smart Assist contract, which SmareCare, now SNTC, does not come with.

I think there is a bit of a general confusion. Smart Care is and end of life product: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/about/doing_business/legal/service_descriptions/docs/smart-care-eol.pdf

Support as I understand is still valid for current Smart Care contracts, Smart Assist is an SNTC-only feature. Perhaps the TAC engineer got the services confused.

You are welcome to post on here, but please specify your issue is for Smart Care so that it's easier for us to differentiate.

In addition, there is also a Smart Care support community page - https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/smart-care/ct-p/5621-smart-care. You could also use that as an option.

Cesar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: