cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collection for vNAM and vWAAS

Jason Granat
Level 5
Level 5

Our customer has posed the following question. I am posting here on their behalf.

I am seeking information on the Collection and Upload of (v)NAM and (v)WAAS devices. Specifically, what CLI or SNMP commands are best used and how will that information appear on the Smart Services portal. I used a .CSV file to manually upload both vNAM and vWAAS into the portal and have no information on coverage showing, which is not desirable.

2 Replies 2

asingadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

This devices will appear with Serial Number,Product ID,Host Name,IP address.

I have checked the CSV File - For vWAAS devices serial number is not present in correct format , so SNTC portal did not validated it .so, coverage details are not shown for this devices.

To show the Coverage details we need Serial Number and Product ID.

For vNAM Devices we are showing the correct coverage details .

You can check it under Contract -> Covered Tab of SNTC 3.x portal.

Thanks,

Anusha

The vNAM serial number is the PAK used for licensing.  In the case that one PAK is used for multiple licenses how should this appear?  Also, for vWAAS there is no PAK and due to the virtual nature, Serial is randomly generated and never associated to the contract directly.  How best to identify these via collection? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: