cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector 2.7

adam.west
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to add SNMP devices like switches, firewall, wireless....etc.  But are things like UCS servers, Call Manager or others added the same way?  I am not seeing anything directly showing me how to add all my other Cisco stuff beyond switch/route.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Adam,

Yes that is correct, currently the CSPC requires that all the devices first be discovered using SNMP.  This is also true and can be enabled on UCS Servers (CIMC) and Call Managers.  You can add these to CSPC in a similar way as switches and routers by checking the SNMP Configuration on the device types and their community strings, and created a SNMP Profile on the CSPC for discovery.

Thank you,
Jarrett

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Adam,

Yes that is correct, currently the CSPC requires that all the devices first be discovered using SNMP.  This is also true and can be enabled on UCS Servers (CIMC) and Call Managers.  You can add these to CSPC in a similar way as switches and routers by checking the SNMP Configuration on the device types and their community strings, and created a SNMP Profile on the CSPC for discovery.

Thank you,
Jarrett

adam.west
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you!  One of the two UCS servers were discovered (I think the 2nd one needs a reboot - it is configured just like the first), and we are working the Call Manager side now.

Hello Adam,

That's great to hear!  For Call Managers, they have an additional SNMP service which needs to be enabled so that data about your Phones are collected.  Here's the steps you may need to verify for your Call Managers for full SNMP access.

The process to follow to activate is:

1.       Choose Cisco Unified Serviceability

2.       Choose Service Activation

3.       Browse down the page to Performance & Monitoring

4.       Place a check by Cisco Call Mgr. SNMP Service

5.       The service starts without rebooting CUCM

Thank you,

Jarrett