cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector collection jobs exceeding 9 a day and GUI not responding.

DeannaDavenport
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer where the collector is running too many discovery and collection jobs every day (approx. 1400 jobs so far since we built the collector). The collector GUI is not responding so we restarted the collector twice but still no luck and I don’t see an option to stop all the jobs using CLI.  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Aravind,

Since the restart and reboot did not work I recommend deploying a new OVA, the latest version of the software can be found here. If you have a recent upload in the SNTC portal, you can export all of the IP's to a spreadsheet and then run a discovery on them from the new collector. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, 

Taylor

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you provide me with a screenshot of collection profile settings and discovery jobs from the collector GUI?

settings> manage data collection profile> select the scheduled collection profile> profile details 

reports> discovered jobs

Thanks, 

Taylor 

Taylor,

we are not able to login to Collector GUI to take screenshots. Is there a way to delete jobs through CLI?

thanks

Aravind 

Hi Aravind,

From root you can run the following command that will restart the cspc service to abort all jobs that are running:

#service cspc restart

Thanks,

Taylor

CSPC service restart didn't work. we even tried to reboot the collector but still no luck. GUI is not loading at all.

thanks

Aravind

Hey Aravind,

Since the restart and reboot did not work I recommend deploying a new OVA, the latest version of the software can be found here. If you have a recent upload in the SNTC portal, you can export all of the IP's to a spreadsheet and then run a discovery on them from the new collector. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, 

Taylor