cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector Discovering the Same Router Twice.

Smartnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

Just a quick technical question involving the Collector. So a customer of mine ran a Discovery job and the Discovery had populated the same router twice in the Live Nodes tab. Same IP, same everything. My question is twofold in regards to their concern:

• How would this reflect on the SNTC Portal? Would it collect both and display both as individual devices?
  • Why would it reflect the device twice in the Collector in the first place?

Assistance to the question would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kehrhard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My first guess would be that the Duplicate Serial Numbers check was not set in the Discovery Settings.  Next I would ensure that your customer's collector runs a collection before an upload.  That should ensure that all duplicate data is overwritten before being uploaded to the portal.  In the event that you see duplicate devices on the portal please send me a private message with your customer's Company and Inventory names as well as a list of affected devices and I will reach out to one of our L3s on your behalf.

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kehrhard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My first guess would be that the Duplicate Serial Numbers check was not set in the Discovery Settings.  Next I would ensure that your customer's collector runs a collection before an upload.  That should ensure that all duplicate data is overwritten before being uploaded to the portal.  In the event that you see duplicate devices on the portal please send me a private message with your customer's Company and Inventory names as well as a list of affected devices and I will reach out to one of our L3s on your behalf.

I hope that helps!

Thank you very much for the response - this is exactly what I was looking for.

Have a good day!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: