cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector locked out

RAFALJACKOWSK1
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Guys We getting message from collector - Your Appliance Password will expire soon for user collectorlogin and Your Appliance Password will expire soon for user root The problem is that it looks like our password for root login is not correct and we are keep getting locked We also don't know what collector login password is as I don't recall that it was ever setup from day 1. Is there any other way to login and change password without reinstalling collector? Is there any default password for user collectorlogin? What will happen once the password expired? Thank you Raf
8 Replies 8

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are not allowed to connect direct to root account.   Do you have the CLI access to the admin user account?

Hello

I only have admin account and access to Web GUI

If I try to login via cli it is access denied

Raf

Hi, 

Do you have the CLI "admin" password for the collector?

Regards

Chris

The user admin and authentication of the GUI, is not the same user and authentication of the CLI. So the password set for the GUI even though could have been the same it is likely not.  Modifying or changing passwords on GUI does not change or synchronize The CLI password or vise-versa

Hi 

I am aware they are not the same. However if he has the CLI admin he should be able to reset the collectorlogin and root password from the admin CLI

That is why I asked if he had the admin cli password.

Yes, i was not mentioning this to you I was replying to the comments of the originator of the post.

Unfortunately it looks like CLI password
is incorrect and can't login to change root

Hi

Unfortunately, as this is a hardened device, your only option is to redeploy a new instance of the collector software.

Regards

Chris