Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector - lost login ID, might have password

ls253_ntrs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The employee who had the login and password for the Collector is no longer with the company.  I think I have the password but don't the login.  Is it just "admin"?  How do I find this out?

Thank you,

Laura

6 Replies 6

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you speaking of the GUI password or the CLI password ?  what version of the CSPC collector do your have

The initial user for GUI is admin

The CLI has the user admin  ( not the same as GUI though)

and collectorlogin and root

I am asking you company name in private as well

The GUI....and we just upgraded to 2.7 (Nor***).

Text has been masked to preserve data privacy.  Please provide personally identifiable information via private message, and only at the request of our experts. Thank you!

I tried "admin" and the password that was given to me by the former employee but the combination does not seem to work.

I am assuming you also do not have the admin and root password which is a requirement for support on that application correct.

Do you have the CLI admin, collectorlogin and root password for the the collector?

I can check with one other person but I kind of doubt they have it.

In reviewing all the details of your collector and account we found that it does have multi services  There is one collector with more than one service in your case SNTC (SMARTNET TOTAL CARE) and BCS (BUSINESS CRITICAL SERVICES). In this case BCS Cisco engineer does hold the access of the collector and will be able to create or recover the passwords. As Information provided to you on email we are handling this transition offline

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: