cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector not picking up AP's

JSM92
Level 1
Level 1

First discovery run with new customer and it didn't pick up any wireless devices.  We discovered that their controllers were not enabled for SNMP.  Ran new discovery and it partially picked up the WC's, but was missing serial and hostname.  Still not showing any of the AP's.  Is there another setting within the controller that we missed to allow the AP's?  Or is that setting within the collector?

8 Replies 8

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
APs running in lightweight mode will only be visible on the SNTC Portal after an upload of a parent WLC device. These are not showed on the CSPC directly.

I'm looking at their portal data.  The 2 WLC's were picked up on 2/10 after SNMP was enabled and a new discovery run, but no AP's.  Do we have to wait for another discovery and upload? 

Can you provide the customer name and inventory so we can have a closer look please?

Could you send me customer name + example WLC IP address in a PM?

Thanks for the details - I was able to see that even tho the WLC was discovered, there is currently so collected data for this device (which is where the APs would be found) in the upload. Can you please check CSPC Collected data and see what it shows for this device?
You can view these details by going to Collected Data -> Select Collection Job -> View Data -> Select your device to see raw SNMP data
Also could you check to see if the Collection Profile is still set to collect against all discovered nodes?
Thank you,
Jarrett

The customer was just able to check and the controllers do not even show there. 

The customer upgraded the controllers to a new code version over the weekend and this allowed the collector to pick up the AP's.  May have been some sort of bug in the prior version? 

Thanks for the update! I am not aware of any current bugs on WLC's atm but glad to see it's working now!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: