Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector support for ACS, Prime Inf, and ACI

agiacometti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i'am running over SNTC 2.5.

Is ACS, Prime Inf, and ACI, supported? is supported in new versions of SNTC?

I ask this because event if this appliance/tools are beeing recognized in the collector, i am not seeing them at the services portal.

Thanks in advance and regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you mean CSPC 2.5?  It also depends on what you might mean by "support" and which specific Cisco Products you have for those mentioned.  For any product, collection support on CSPC is dependent on SNMP access.  For ACS, we do support some basic collection.  PI is only supported from an appliance perspective if running on a Cisco appliance (SNTC doesn't report on Software Applications).  For ACI, it depends what you mean.  There is support to collect basic information from APIC and from ACI-enabled 9K switches, again assuming SNMP and access is enabled.

It is best to start with ensuring those device IP's are in CSPC and discovery & collection is successful.  If so, there should be visibility of them in the Portal.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you mean CSPC 2.5?  It also depends on what you might mean by "support" and which specific Cisco Products you have for those mentioned.  For any product, collection support on CSPC is dependent on SNMP access.  For ACS, we do support some basic collection.  PI is only supported from an appliance perspective if running on a Cisco appliance (SNTC doesn't report on Software Applications).  For ACI, it depends what you mean.  There is support to collect basic information from APIC and from ACI-enabled 9K switches, again assuming SNMP and access is enabled.

It is best to start with ensuring those device IP's are in CSPC and discovery & collection is successful.  If so, there should be visibility of them in the Portal.

At the portal, i'm seeng ACS and Prime at "inventory->all equipment2 list, but they do not show up at 2contract -> covered/uncovered" reports.

Also at "contract->all contracts" list, my current and active contract number does not get listed.

Do you see any serial number populated for them?  Without serial number they wouldn't be in the contract report.

No serial, here is a screenshoot.

What can i do in order to get the serial numbers populated in the tool?

For ACS, it looks like it is a VM only (i.e. just software).  There would be no serial number.  AFAIK, the portal isn't reporting application software contracts at this time.  For the Prime one, it does appear to be a UCS appliance.  I've seen Serial Numbers collected for those before, so I'll need to look into it a little deeper to see what I find.

Prime is also a VM virtual appliance.

Since you mention "application software", will it collect info for ACI apic-spine-leaf?

It does look like your Prime's collected serial number is not a physical HW serial number, so same situation as ACS.  For ACI, you can collect from 9K spine/leaf just like any other 9K, just ensure that device is directly managed by CSPC and is SNMP reachable.  Inventory in the portal isn't built today from just talking to the APIC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: