cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector Upload Failing

JSM92
Level 1
Level 1

We've assisted a customer in setting up collector and portal and the discovery is working perfectly.  However, the collection upload is failing each time.  They are using proxy server that is setup to accept anything, so that should not be blocking.  We wanted to have him double-check the proxy settings in the collector, but cannot seem to find the location for that.  I can send an attachment of the job failure log. 

6 Replies 6

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Is the customer seeing a HTTPs 407 error on the uploads to indicate a proxy failure? Please share the error message details.
If you need to confirm the proxy setting, please login as admin and run 'show ip'

I see this error in log:

-A connectivity exception occured while processing the request. The Exception is :: HTTPs TransportMode has Failed Connection to https://72.163.7.113 refused

So where do you think the issue might be?   

According to this error the CSPC cannot access the internet to reach Cisco. Can you provide any details about the proxy being used? Does it require a username and password? Is it using BASIC or NTLM authentication?

We were able to locate the proxy settings in collector, but couldn't see what it was set to.  Customer just re-added proxy and the upload worked.  Must have just been set incorrectly. 

Glad to hear it worked

I had to configure the collector in the CLI to get it to work for me.