Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector Upload Successful but Portal Empty

Hi, I'm setting up a collector for a client. I've set up a scheduled upload of the collected data, and I've run a few one-time uploads as well. It's been a couple weeks so it's not a timing issue. All show as successful, but there is no device data in the portal. The Admin->Uploads and Upload Processing areas say 'no data'.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dear Kevin,

My name is Rafal Komorowski, I'm a member of the SNTC onboarding team.

Can you please advise - how do you know, that the upload has reached the backend?

Have you saw a message on the collector "SUCCESS" or have you received a notification e-mail from Cisco?

Rafal

View solution in original post

Hello,

I would like to add, that at the moment, the portal Upload Processing is tracking the moment, when the upload XML file starts to be processed. It does not show the moment, when the file reaches the back-end. There are several jobs, that are done, and what you will see on the portal is only a part of those jobs.

We are working on an enhancement that the customers will be able to see more details - for example whether the file is queued or not.

Weekend is also not a very good time to make an upload at the moment, because majority of customers decided to do their uploads during that time, which increases the amount of time that you need to wait for the XML file (transport file) to start being processed.

What you can do, is to change your upload day - for example to Tuesday.

We also have a problem management procedure - if the upload is stuck for more than 48 hours, our production team starts to look into the problem, and if necessary re-runs the upload.

Of course I encourage you to read the blog from Lynded!

Kind regards,

Rafal Komorowski

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anyone?

Dear Kevin,

My name is Rafal Komorowski, I'm a member of the SNTC onboarding team.

Can you please advise - how do you know, that the upload has reached the backend?

Have you saw a message on the collector "SUCCESS" or have you received a notification e-mail from Cisco?

Rafal

Hi Rafal,

The reports for upload jobs says SUCCESS.

Hi Kevin,

I wrote a blog covering some common reasons and upload may not go through:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12987426/self-service-onboarding-where-my-upload-cspc-collector-troubleshooting

Also, be sure to check the Upload Processing page on the portal to see if the portal are being received.

Thanks,

Lynden

I thought I was experiencing this issue, but then realized that my Report Viewing Preferences was set to Latest instead of Comprehensive. Once I changed the preference to Comprehensive, I was able to view the entire inventory.

Hello,

I would like to add, that at the moment, the portal Upload Processing is tracking the moment, when the upload XML file starts to be processed. It does not show the moment, when the file reaches the back-end. There are several jobs, that are done, and what you will see on the portal is only a part of those jobs.

We are working on an enhancement that the customers will be able to see more details - for example whether the file is queued or not.

Weekend is also not a very good time to make an upload at the moment, because majority of customers decided to do their uploads during that time, which increases the amount of time that you need to wait for the XML file (transport file) to start being processed.

What you can do, is to change your upload day - for example to Tuesday.

We also have a problem management procedure - if the upload is stuck for more than 48 hours, our production team starts to look into the problem, and if necessary re-runs the upload.

Of course I encourage you to read the blog from Lynded!

Kind regards,

Rafal Komorowski