Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

create 2 instances

I need to create 2 instances within the same customer.

There are 2 areas that do not want to make delegate administrator access.

Can you please help me?

4 Replies 4

Hello Fernanda,

I'm not fully clear on what you are trying to achieve.  We do have the ability to segment inventories, where each can have separate access control. Please take a look at the Admin section of the SNTC User Guide for further details.

If this isn't what you are looking to do, please provide further details.

Cheers,

Cheri

Hello, Cheri

I have been helping a customer TO*** and they already have a portal instance (Party ID: 203***).

The problem is the actual DA Spyt*** does not belongs to the same area of my contact.

I would like to ask if you are able to create another SNTC Portal instance to the same customer and nominate (marc***) to become DA to this new instance.

Even under the same company, those two areas are not allowed to see information of the other area. That's the reason create segmentation wouldn't work.

That's the reason I would like this exception.

Thanks a lot for your help :) 

***Text has been masked to preserve data privacy.  Please provide sensitive information via private message, and only at the request of our experts. Thank you!

Hi Fernanda,

I've checked on your request.  There is no ideal way to handle this in SNTC. 

However, the current DA can assign additional DAs who can help manage segments and user access to those segments.

Cheers,

Cheri

This actually *is* possible. 

If a customer wants to operate two completely separate portal instances, they can be registered under two "peer" customer sites (parties), with separate Delegated Administrators and separate users.  To maintain total separation, the two locations just must not have a parent/child (or grandparent/grandchild) relationship within Cisco's Customer Registry.

Note that the SNTC self-registration application cannot be used to set this up, but the Cisco Support team could manually register the additional company site and nominate the person to be DA for it.