Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSP-C entitlement file generation failed

Not applicable

I am having trouble generating the entitlement .zip file for CSP-C 2.7.  I keep getting the same error message "Entitlement file generation failed.  Please try again.  If the issue persists, find help in the community."

I have tried numerous combinations of CSP-C and Inventory names, including the exact name of the CSP-C server, and always get this error message.

Is there a specific requirement that's not listed in any of the step-by-step instruction guides?  Also, all the instruction guides mention using "-", but that is considered an invalid character when I try to use it.

Thanks,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Michael,

The backend team has made some changes to the account, it seems it was started improperly.  Please log into the portal, there should be another account to choose.  This can be done by clicking on the pencil icon on the top of the left dashboard on the SNTC Portal.  You should be able to generate a certificate with the newly generated account.

Let me know if you do not see another account to choose from.  The backend team is aware of this issue and is trying to remove the unused account.

Thanks,

Justin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Michael,

Apologies for the delay, but it is possible this was due to an issue on the portal itself.  If there was an issue with the names itself, it would have gave an error indicating an invalid character.

If not already attempted, can you try to download another one?  I do know that the - is considered an invalid character but the _ can be used as long as there is a letter that ends the name.

Thanks,

Justin

Not applicable

Justin,

I just tried generating the entitlement again, and I still get the same error message.  You are correct, the underscore is an allowed character.

Here is an example of what I input, 

CSP-C name:  Company25CSPC

Inventory name:  Company25CSPC_inventory

Thanks for your suggestion, got anything else?

Michael

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Michael,

Strange I was able to download one from my end.  Have you tried clearing your caches or possibly using a different browser as well?  The names should be fine.

Thanks,

Justin

Not applicable

Thanks for getting back so quick!

Yeah, I've used three different browsers and tried clearing cache in each, but I get the same error message every time.

Thanks,

Michael

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Michael,

Can you PM the company name via the method directed in the link below?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/13237466/how-send-private-message-sntc-community

Thanks,

Justin

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Michael,

The backend team has made some changes to the account, it seems it was started improperly.  Please log into the portal, there should be another account to choose.  This can be done by clicking on the pencil icon on the top of the left dashboard on the SNTC Portal.  You should be able to generate a certificate with the newly generated account.

Let me know if you do not see another account to choose from.  The backend team is aware of this issue and is trying to remove the unused account.

Thanks,

Justin

Not applicable

That was it, I was able to generate the entitlement file after choosing the other account.

Thanks for your help!!

Michael