cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSP-C For PSS on own Hardware

GarySLear
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We have been deploying CSP-C For use on our customer networks using the VM based installation. However considering that a customer didn't have a virtual infrastructure, what are the alternate options for deploying this?

I can see the ISO and guides saying its supported as a hardware offering, however it doesn't state whether this hardware is purchased from Cisco or can be your own build.

If this is possible on our own hardware, can anyone provide a guide with minimum requirements etc. I have found documentation stating that for SNTC its Cisco provided servers, which I have used in the past, but doesn't mention for PSS.

Help would be appreciated as I need to provide an alternate to our customers.

2 Replies 2

Rafal K.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Gary,

Indeed - there are two images available whenever the customer would like to use his own hardware.

OVA - is for the virtual ESXi environment, while ISO for a native installation for example on Cisco UCS-C, HP or any other third party server.

For the either OVA or ISO installation these are the minimum requirements:

• 4x 64bit Processor Core
  • 4GB RAM available for the virtual server
  • 250GB free on HDD
  • 1 NIC (number of NICs required dependent upon network topology)

The images are available under this link: https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283107976&flowid=&softwareid=284971103&release=SNTC%203.x&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If the customer decides to purchase pre-configured (pre-installed) hardware CSPC from Cisco, this needs to be booked separately, and the SKU is:

• CAAPL-2110-SNT-K9

In case of hardware collector, we advise to book the additional service lines for this hardware:

• CON-NSNT-CA2100 - (8X5XNBD)

or

• CON-SPAR1-CA2100  (8X5XNBD) (Service Provider only)

Kind regards,

Rafal

Thanks Rafal, Are there any compatibility guides/notes? We may build a machine here to ship out to customers but don't have any hardware in mind just yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: