cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSP Collector LCM installation has removing the ROOT Access & installation has struck.

Hi ,

I cant able to see the Software Upgrade tap on CSP Collector GUI portal, as per the attached SNAP Shot steps , i have try to update the CSP Collector LCM installation but the LCM installation has removing the Root user and its struck at admin shall ( not completely installation happening) PFB logs for reference.

[collectorlogin@localhost ~]$ tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply
[Thu Aug 27 08:08:58 UTC 2015] Executing install script for "Data Pack"
[Thu Aug 27 08:18:43 UTC 2015] Executed install script for "Data Pack"
[Thu Aug 27 08:18:43 UTC 2015] Install script for "Data Pack" returned success
[Thu Aug 27 08:18:43 UTC 2015] Executing post-install scripts
[Thu Aug 27 08:19:15 UTC 2015] Executed post-install scripts
[Thu Aug 27 08:19:15 UTC 2015] Installation of software package of type "SP" completed successfully
[Wed Dec 20 09:46:06 AST 2017] Called with arguments "JeOS" and "/home/collectorlogin/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip"
[Wed Dec 20 09:46:31 AST 2017] Executing pre-install scripts
[Wed Dec 20 09:46:31 AST 2017] Executed pre-install scripts
[Wed Dec 20 09:46:31 AST 2017] Executing install script for "Hardened CentOS"
[Wed Dec 20 09:58:46 +03 2017] Executed install script for "Hardened CentOS"
[Wed Dec 20 09:58:46 +03 2017] Install script for "Hardened CentOS" returned success
[Wed Dec 20 09:58:46 +03 2017] Executing install script for "LCM"
[Wed Dec 20 09:59:07 +03 2017] Executed install script for "LCM"
[Wed Dec 20 09:59:07 +03 2017] Install script for "LCM" returned success
[Wed Dec 20 09:59:07 +03 2017] Executing install script for "AdminShell"

5 Replies 5

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Abdullah  I do not believe LCM is removing root account perhaps you mean sudo access to root from the admin shell, if so that is by design, older version of the collector had that capability but it is removed on the security hardening of the collector by upgrading it.  With that said I believe at least the Jeos upgrade has occurred.  To access root user now do the following on admin shell.

admin# pwdreset root 90

with the command above it will give you the generated 90 days password for root (note you cannot connect directly into the root account via ssh)

First connect to the collectorlogin user account and do the command below to connect to root

[collectorlogin@localhost ~]$ su root
Password:   <-- put the password you create above on the pwdreset command

Once connected to root Issue the following commands and send the output to us.

you can send them via a plain txt attached file

FROM ROOT USER
# tail -150  /opt/LCM/logs/install
# ls -lart /opt/LCM/tmp/
# ls -lart /opt/LCM/tmp/downloads
# cat /etc/hosts

FROM ADMIN USER

admin# show version -d 
admin# show downloads
admin# show apply

I cant able to login to admin user, as when i try to login the CSP through putty by admin the session has getting disconnecting immediately , PFB logs.

IM Renderer Page

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.cisco.ca.ss.adminshell.client.ShellClient.main(ShellClient.java:63)
Error occured: could not connect to the command server

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abdullah,

To expand on Andre's post, based on the log output it appears as though the install of the JEOS patch did not complete. If this process has been interrupted then it would be best to re-initiate the install and be sure to allow 30-45 minutes. You can confirm that the install is complete by locating the log entry:

'Installation of software package of type "JeOS" completed successfully'

Can you confirm how much time had elapsed when the apply log was pulled?

Hi ,

PFB comments:

'Installation of software package of type "JeOS" completed successfully' : the installation is not completed.

Can you confirm how much time had elapsed when the apply log was pulled? i have wait for morethan 2hr but the installation is struck at Adminshell & its not progress. 

[Wed Dec 20 09:59:07 +03 2017] Install script for "LCM" returned success
[Wed Dec 20 09:59:07 +03 2017] Executing install script for "AdminShell"

Hi Abdullah,

If you have been able to restore root access then I suggest re-initiating the installation of the JeOS package using the steps you have referenced in your screen shot. If you are unable to successfully complete the install then I would also advise exporting the contents of your CSPC's Managed Devices list (IPs/Hostnames primarily) so that you may complete a fresh install of using the latest OVA image (2.7.4: https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286312935&softwareid=286312958&release=2.7&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest)

With a fresh install on the latest image you can re-discover your previously managed devices using an IP-based discovery to efficiently restore your collector's status.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: