cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.10 Hangs trying to install

dave.lane
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to deploy CSPC 2.10 using the Collector-2.10-B-14_signed_sha256.ova file

It always gets to a certain point then hangs

CSPC 1.png

Presing ESC show the following:

CSPC 2.png

Have tried multiple times with the same result

Older versions install OK, but those are unsuitable for deployment now since the move back to CentOS7 in 2.10

10 Replies 10

vivekcha@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

We are looking into the issue, will get back to you with an update.

Regards,
Vivek Chauhan

Hi Dave,

Could you please let us know on where you are trying to deploy the OVA.

Also what are the specifications you selected for this deployment ?

Please download a fresh OVA from the link;

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.10

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Chauhan

Hi

Its being deployed in VMWare ESXi 6.7.0, then selecting the Small Template in the OVA

Thin provisioned disk

I have re-downloaded the OVA and it still hangs at the same point

Hi Dave,

Please try rebooting the VM and let me know if that fixed this issue.

Best Regards,

Vivek Chauhan

Hi Vivek
I have tried rebooting the VM, but it gets stuck at the same point

Hi Dave,

There is a ongoing bug on this issue https://cdetsng.cisco.com/summary/#/defect/CSCwa06086 with no ETA of its resolution.
Will keep you updated on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Chauhan

Thanks
Please let me know once its fixed, it doesn't look like CSCwa06086 has been made publicly available to view

Hi

Just wondering if there was any update on this as the bug is private 

Thanks 

mikburns
Level 1
Level 1

After spending hours trying to find out why the VM deployment, CentOS did not install as expected we stumbled across a solution for our case. I'm putting this update here in the hopes that someone else will not have to go through all the effort.

In the CSPC 2.10 release notes under "4 Known Issues" there is a note about using the Alt + F2 to shift to the alternate virtual terminals. Alt + F2 should switch to the the initial install with a waiting admin prompt to change the admin password. In our case no combination of alt + any F key did anything at all. As a result we could not enter a new admin password.

What we finally discovered is that using VM Tool via a virtual VDI session will intercept the "alt" key and never send it to the VM console. The Alt key instead was being sent to the local PC.

Accessing the Host VM console via a fat client did indeed bring up the admin password change when the "alt + F2" key was pressed.  Bottom line.  Pressing Alt + F1 and then Alt + F2 should cause the VM Host console to change.  If it doesn't then suspect that the host isn't "seeing" all of the key strokes sent.

dtapley1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you. Alt-F2 was a huge help.