cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.4 upgrade to CSPC 2.5

jmichale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a procedure for upgrading a customer that is running CSPC 2.4 to CSPC 2.5?

Could you please point me to the documentation.

5 Replies 5

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, my name is Lynden Price with the SNTC Collector Support Team. Currently there is no patch to go from 2.4 to 2.5, so your only option would be to export your data from your 2.4 collector and deploy a new 2.5 collector. If you're interested in doing that, I can send instructions. Otherwise, the patch will eventually be available on LCM.

Thank you,

Lynden

Thanks Lynden!  Could you please send the instructions on how to export the data from the CSPC 2.4 collector and  import to the new CSPC 2.5 collector.

How to Migrate your Collector from 2.4 to 2.5

1. Reports > Managed Devices, select the blue export arrow. Export the managed device list in CSV format.
  2. Settings > Device Credentials, select the export button. Choose pari xml format.
  3. If you’ve set up local users or remote authentication, then make a note of those settings from Administration > Manage Users and Administration > Manage Remote Authentication Servers

In your case, if you have 2.4, then you probably have an NLS1 contract. You should open a TAC case and have an engineer help you get the new 2.5 server up.

1. Settings > Device Credentials, select “Import”. From the drop down, choose pari xml format. Browse to the exported credentials and select them. Give the job a name and click “OK”.
  2. Open the csv of your managed devices in Excel. Copy the column of IP addresses. In the collector, go to Management > Discover and Manage Devices. Select “Discover by known IP address”. Click “Next”. Paste the column of IP addresses into the entry box and then click the “Add” button. Click “Next”. Select the correct version of SNMP, and finish.
  3. Add any user accounts or remote authentication servers by going to Administration > Manage Users and Administration > Manage Remote Authentication Server

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Lynden

xinyezha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lynden

Very nice to meet you.

Can I ask you to send me some documents about how to install CSPC 2.4 on Windows.

You can reach me on Jabber/Email also.

Thank you  in advance.

Xinye

xinyezha@cisco.com

Hi Xinye,

We do not currently have a windows installer version of the CSPC. The latest version of the CSPC is 2.5, which comes as a VMware OVA.

You can get instructions on deploying it here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

Thanks,

Lynden

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: