cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.7.2.5 Upload Issue

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Recently installed CSPC 2.7.2.5 and now receiving "The tail-end gateway is not registered yet." when attempting to manually upload to SNTC.

9 Replies 9

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve,

Please login to SNTC portal, re-generate new CSPC id and apply new cert to CSPC. If issue persist, please assist me getting below for further investigation.

Could you please provide screenshot of error and run below.

wget https://72.163.7.113/HeadEndWebAppServlet/ --no-check-certificate

Please attach below log as well:

/opt/ConcsoTgw/tail-end-gateway-decoupled/bin/nohup.out

/opt/ConcsoTgw/tail-end-gateway-decoupled/bin/CONN_TEG_LOGS/tail-end-gateway.log

Thanks,

Supriya

Thanks,

Supriya

Thank you Supriya.

I generated a new certificate, but it seems Cisco changed the naming rules such that a dash "-" is not an acceptable character.  I created a new certificate with underscores instead of dashes.

I downloaded and attempted to apply this new certificate, via the Administration> Server Properties> Registration Certificate Properties, but the CSPC generated a new popup:

"As part of the registration certificate upload process, customer name should be validated against existing registration certificate customer name. Would you like to go ahead with this validation?"

Whether I click "Yes" or "No", it returns "The specified registration certificate file does not contain a valid registration certificate."

I've attached all the items you requested.

It appears only one item got uploaded, attempting to upload the logs as requested.

Hi Steve,

Please delete existing cert. first and then try to add new certificate. As well, please try different browsers since given process has different error depending on different browser. Please reach back to me till I will try to replicate given scenario in the lab.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hello Supriya,

I removed the existing certificate and attempted to upload the new one with different browsers and O/S.

Here is the current error: "The specified registration certificate file does not contain a valid registration certificate."

Screen shot attached.

Hi Steve,

I upgraded lab device to match your collector version and then uploaded new certificate to replicate but I was not able to replicate given scenario. Let's do this. Please private message me your certificate file and I will upload to my lab collector to test it out.

Thanks,
Supriya

Hello,

Have you solved this issue and how you solve it?

I have encountered the same problem. After upgrading CSPC from 2.5 to 2.7.4 I can not upload report to the service portal. I tried to re-apply the certificate but got the same error "The specified registration certificate file does not contain a valid registration certificate."

BR

The easiest solution I've found is to export the device list, have the VMware team wipe the old appliance, build new from the latest OVA, and reimport.

It takes less than 30 minutes to reconfigure the nightly discovery and weekly upload.

Thanks.

That sounds absurd that you need to recreate the image though what you want is to upgrade to a new version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: