Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.7 Initial Install via Browser fails

cexc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to complete the Initial Install via Browser however it keeps saying failure:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello There,

Glad to hear that re-powering the VM helped solve your issue.  For the next step, once you have access set up to the SNTC Portal, you can login and generate a CSPC certificate to import into your collector.

A detailed document on generating a certificate is available here.

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you please login as root user and run the command "service adminshell restart" to see if this helps to resolve your issues?  After the command is done, you can try to complete the wizard steps again.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarret

Following confusion on my behalf about which old/new password it wanted, I ended up re-powering the VM. Following this it worked. I am now stuck on the next registration step. Where do I or the customer obtain the registration certificate. The only reference in the quick start guide, http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf,  is to say 'You should have generated and saved a Registration Certificate file from the specific service portal,

Is this generated when the customer registers through the Cisco portal?

Hello There,

Glad to hear that re-powering the VM helped solve your issue.  For the next step, once you have access set up to the SNTC Portal, you can login and generate a CSPC certificate to import into your collector.

A detailed document on generating a certificate is available here.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarret

Many thanks. One error on the document. You cannot use a dash (-) in the Inventory name, it says Invalid!

matthew.goli1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  see attachment

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for letting us know of the issue.  Please review Jarrett's response to this thread and follow the steps provided.  If you continue to need assistance, we ask that you start a new discussion to ensure timely response from our experts.

Cheers,

Cheri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: