cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.7 Unable to login as root

mark.miller
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CSPC 2.7 and I'm unable to login as root.  I have logged in as admin and run the pwdreset root 90 (because using 180 isn't accepted) to generate the root password.  When I go to login as root, I always get an authentication failure.  Similar experience to this post -- Root Access.  I logged in once to verify the password, but have been unable to login since, even after resetting the root password.

I'm trying to login as root because I have a hung process similar to this post -- Device Discovery not working and was trying to run the command to restart the cspc.

Any suggestions on why this is occurring with root account of the CSPC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mark,

When trying to access the root account remotely (SSH), you will need to first login and access the user account "collectorlogin" and then use the command "su -" to change over to the root user.  Can you please see if you're able to access the shell this way?

You may also restart the CSPC service from the "admin" CLI user with the command "collector restart"

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mark,

When trying to access the root account remotely (SSH), you will need to first login and access the user account "collectorlogin" and then use the command "su -" to change over to the root user.  Can you please see if you're able to access the shell this way?

You may also restart the CSPC service from the "admin" CLI user with the command "collector restart"

Thank you,

Jarrett

Jarrett,

logging in with collectorlogin first worked.

I also wound up doing this as well before I saw you're reply -- "You may also restart the CSPC service from the "admin" CLI user with the command "collector restart"

thanks.

Did you manage to fix you root access?

Please share.

Regards,

Kanes.R

Hi Kanes,

Please excuse the delayed response. For fastest assistance, we suggest starting a new discussion.  Our experts have better visibility to those.

Jarrett's response below was marked as the solution. 

If you continue to need assistance, please start a new discussion and our experts will be right with you.

Cheers,
Cheri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: