cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.7 - User admin locked using the GUI

drburge01
Level 1
Level 1

I can access via CLI but trying to log into the GUI i keep getting Invalid credentials. Tried using the forgot password to unlock with no luck.  Is there anything I can do via CLI to fix this issue? Currently using ver 2.7

Thanks 

14 Replies 14

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

I sent you a private message with a potential workaround.

thanks,

Taylor

yes I received it. working on it now

Thanks a lot. I'll let you know how I made out

was able to run the command while in root. however it did not allow for me to log into the system using the default pw...possibility i may have done something wrong

Hi,

The workaround I provide via private message works on 2.7.4 and later. Any version prior will need to have the admin GUI password changed via the collector database. Currently, I believe it would be easier for you to deploy a new 2.8 VM. Please see the download link below:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.8

Thanks,

Taylor

can i install the new version on top of the current version i'm running without damaging anything?

Thanks 

Hi, 

There is a way to deploy an ISO over an existing VM, but the new collector will still be a fresh install, meaning there will be no data saved from the pre-existing collector. I hope this helps!

Thanks, 

Taylor 

Hello. Can you post the workaround ? i have all cli access but i cant get the gui to work. Or send in private :)

I am using version 2.8 

Br

Mathias

Hi Mathias,
If you loss the GUI password, you need reinstall the Collector!! ☹
Regards
AL

Hi Taywelch, I have the same problem, could you send my a potencial workaround by private

Thanks a lot

Alwinson

Unfortunately the only way I fixed the issue was to re-install all the software

What is the workaround?

Regards

Romulo Araujo

Hi,

they are a same problem about account locked, please it's possible to send me teh workaround?

Best Regards

Hi,

We will re-install the collector like the people recommended.

Regards

Hi, I confirm I proceeded with the reinstallation of the collector.

Thanks